Pretty

THINGS WRITTEN IN THIS STYLE (italics) ARE THINGS THAT ARE SAID OR THOUGHT IN ENGLISH!

--------

"Alrighty JK! I'm going to have you do one more exercise to see what we need to work on so that we can have you fluent and communicating with fans in no time!" You say, sliding over a piece of paper.

Jungkook clicks his pen nervously, not knowing what to expect but nods anyway.

You eye him, taking notice to his seemingly anxious clicking. You smile warmly, "DON'T worry! I'll just be having you write for five minutes in English and just write whatever you know. You can write random words, questions, sentences, whatever you want-as long as it's in English."

"Okay!" He says, a bit more comfortable knowing the assignment. He bows his head down toward his paper focused on what he's going to write.

You tap 'start timer' on your phone and tell him to begin, and he immediately starts scribbling on his paper. You look around the library and fiddle with your fingernails as you wait for Jungkook to finish. You turn to look out the window at the darkened skies of Korea, a signal that night was upon you. Your clock reads '7:30pm' but the sky looks as if it is 9:00pm. When you finally look back to Jungkook, he has slowed down his writing which is understandable considering that the timer is almost up.

"Ten seconds left," you say. Jungkook looks at you for a brief moment, examining your face with strong focus. Then ever so slightly, the corner of his mouth curls up into a sort of smile as he thinks to himself and puts the pen to the paper for a final time.

'Pretty,' he quickly writes down on the paper and before you have a second to get flustered, the timer stops.

"Okay! Times up, JK!" You say, feeling your face heat up. He looks up at you and puts a thumbs up. His messily curled hair and gorgeous smile makes you a bit jittery as he slides his paper to you for evaluation. You quickly take the paper noticing the big 'I Love You ARMY!' and act like you're examining everything he wrote, even though the only thing on your mind is him.

"How is it, Teacher?" He asks curiously. You blink a few times, gathering yourself and nod.

"Right! Yeah, it's a great start. I'll definitely look over it some more later on so that I can prepare well for our next lesson. How does that sound?" You say, plastering on a smile.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Thank you, Teacher." He says. He stands up and walks over to your side of the table and stands over you, extending his hand. You take it and dust off your skirt as he helps you up. Once you're on your feet he shakes your hand and bends down to pick up your bag, handing it to you once he's upright.

"Thank YOU, Mr. Jeon," you say.

"No problem. I really can't thank you enough though. I feel like I really intruded on your time. It's just-" he sighs. "I just feel so bad. My older bro- I look up to him a lot. He does so much for me and my group. He's the leader but also the only one who speaks fluent English. I feel like it's a burden on him to always have to handle oversea communications with fans. I just want to be able to soften his load of work and if learning English will help, I want to learn it as fast as possible." He avoids eye contact as if he's a bit disappointed in himself.

You touch his shoulder that's closest to you to calm him. "Don't worry. We'll have you fluent and communicating with fans in no time, like I said. Everything you want. We'll work hard for it, okay? You've got an awesome teacher, if I do say so myself." You take your hand off his shoulder, unsure if you made things awkward but to your surprise, you hear him laughing. He looks up to you with a glimmer of hope in his eyes and smiles.