"And who am I?" His eyes darkened.

"You are Vincenzo Ricci, my husband." I breathed. "The only man good enough for me."

"And who is the target?" Sebastian questioned, his voice hard.

"Giovanni Russo, the owner of a local Casino." I responded not missing a beat.

"Looks like you're ready, Tesoro." His lips twisted into a wry smile.

"Let's go."

~~

We were parked outside the casino.

I sat in the passenger's seat while Sebastian sat in the driver's seat beside me.

Sebastian's gaze trained on me, his expression serious, "Before we go inside there are two things which you need to know." He murmured. "Once we go inside you have to follow my lead, you have to do everything I say no matter what it is, you need to trust that whatever I tell you is for your own safety."

"What's the second thing?" I was almost too afraid to ask.

His eyes softened and his expression became regretful. "You need to remember that the person with you inside that casino isn't me. That is not who I am, that person is not someone I ever want to be. He is a façade, a mask. The things you see will see today may change your perspective about me but I just want you to know that this is not something I am proud of."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

My feet were unsteady when I got out of the car, it was hard to tell whether it was from how nervous I was or the fact that I was wearing shoes with six inch heels for the first time.

Sebastian offered me his arm and I took it hurriedly. I noticed that even with my heels I still only managed to reach his shoulders.

I jutted my chin up haughtily and twisted my lips into a sly smirk trying my best to be Veronica Ricci and not Angelica Hale.

As we walked towards the entrance of the casino a thought suddenly occurred to me.

"How will we find the target?" I whispered in Sebastian's ear.

His lips twisted into a wry smirk. "We won't. He will find us."

He tugged me forward gently. "No matter what happens, stay in character." He whispered in my ear as entered the Casino.

The place was filled with people.

Sebastian led me towards what seemed to be a fancy-looking bar.

We settled down on one of the plush sofas.

"One Martini and one Gin and Tonic per favore." Sebastian told the waiter casually.

One of his arms was draped on the couch behind me. His thumb leisurely drew circles on my shoulder making Goosebumps erupt on my arms. He leaned towards me. His nose skimmed against my jaw making my breath hitch.

Suddenly I felt his teeth tugging my ear lobe.

"Sebastian-" I breathed in confusion but his hand squeezed my thigh in warning. I was reminded of what he'd said to me earlier about staying in character no matter what happened.

His hand traveled leisurely up my throat and settled to cup my face, he tilted my face to the side and started trailing hot open mouthed kisses up my neck.

Oh my

What is happening right now?

"Giovanni Russo is known to have . . . vulgar tastes." Sebastian suddenly whispered between kisses. His breath warmed my skin.