fourteen ➵

fourteen ➵

zayn looked at liam, horrified. he went to jump away from him, scared of what his father might say if he saw him hugging another boy, but liam held zayn tighter. zayn looked from his father to liam, petrified of what his father would do.

"liam." zayn's father huffed.

zayn saw the hatred in his father's eyes, but knew he realized that he wouldn't hurt him as long as liam was with him. although zayn felt fairly safe, he still trembled in liam's arms. liam rubbed zayn's forearm with his hand in a gesture meant to calm zayn down.

"hi, sir." liam said. he was still polite, as usual, but you could hear the venom in his voice- something unsual for liam. he was absolutely fuming after seeing what zayn's father did to his own son.

"i didn't know you would be over. zayn was supposed to stay in all day, he isn't feeling well." the lie his father told was known by both boys, but liam nodded along with it, as though he knew nothing.

liam nodded. "i'm sorry, sir. i was just worried as he usually comes out around this time." he replied as he kept zayn within his embrace.

zayn looked up at his father with a scared expression, his stomach twisting, "i-i didn't know you would be home early.."

"i forgot my briefcase for the meeting today." his father said roughly. he turned around abruptly and stomped up the stairs.

as soon as his father was out of sight, zayn broke into quiet sobs. he was so overwhelmed by emotions and from his father seeing him practically cuddling with another boy.

"zayn, shh, babe." liam said quietly, rubbing his back. "zayn, listen to me."

zayn held his face in his hands as he cried, leaning into liam for support. after a few minutes he looked up at liam with tear tracks and red eyes.

"zayn, I need to go-" liam was cut off by zayn's loud whimper.

"no! you can't go!" he whispered loudly, staring at liam. "he'll hurt me.."

liam sighed softly. "no he won't babe. i promise, you'll be alright. I'll be back later, alright?"

zayn nodded pitifully and sniffled some. "I understand.." he said quietly.

"your dad will leave soon after me and then you can come over and we'll have lunch and watch movies." liam told zayn as he pried the boy off him. he leaned forward and gave zayn a kiss on the cheek before heading out the door.

zayn barely had time to process what had happened before his father was upon him, glaring down angrily.

"what the hell was that zayn!?" he roared, shoving the small boy backwards.

"n-nothing!" zayn promised, not sure of what his father had seen.

"you're such a fuckîng fàggot, zayn! im disgusted to even be related to you!"

you're the disgusted one? zayn thought, laughing to himself.

his father pushed him back again, harder this time, causing zayn to lose his balance and fall flat onto his bum. he cried out, sore and bruised from the night before.

his father leaned over him, grabbing onto zayn's shirt. "if i ever see you near that liam again, i will kill you zayn!" he yelled, "i swear i will!"

zayn cowered under his so-called father, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

just as zayn thought his father would let him go and be on his way, he turned and kicked zayn in the ribs. the kick knocked the air out of zayn's lungs, making it hard to breathe. the pain was so intense as his father repeatedly kicked his side that zayn was seeing spots. he begged and begged for his father to stop, but it only made him want to continue.

finally, after what seemed like days, zayn's father stopped kicking zayn's fragile torso. he glared at zayn once more before leaving the small boy broken on the ground, unconscious from the pain.

----
im sorry that it's /so/ short ;-;

I wrote it on my phone and bleh. I promise a better update soon!
also, let me know of any errors, I don't proofread!

thanks for reading!

-rylnn xxx