eight ➵

eight ➵

zayn woke up early, as usual, for school. as he stood in the bathroom waiting for the shower to heat up, he looked at his naked body, sighing softly.

he had never been the most fit boy, considering sports wasn't his favorite. and zayn had never really cared about what he looked like until recently. he hadn't done anything about it, because, well, what could he do?

staring at himself in the long mirror in his bathroom, he took in his body and weight. zayn wasn't fat, and he didn't really think of himself as fat. fat meant having lots of extra weight, and zayn knew he didn't have that much extra weight. but then again, zayn wasn't skinny either. he had a bit of fat on his hips and tummy (was that normal? or am i fat? zayn asked himself.).

he turned to the side and sucked his stomach in. he was pleased at the look it presented. his tummy looked flat and his ribs just barely showed. he sucked his stomach in again, harder this time so he could see a outline of his hipbones and v-line. then, turning to face the mirror dead on, zayn studied his legs and face.

he still had that awkward baby fat, but that was normal, right? after all, he was only fourteen. although, liam didn't have baby fat, liam was fit and slim. zayn frowned and brought his hands to his face, pulling his skin tight across his cheekbones and admiring how sharp they now looked. he then looked at his legs. he never thought much about how his legs looked, wasn't that only what girls did? then again, only girls borrow their best friends clothes.

after studying his legs in the mirror and not really finding anything wrong, he couldn't help but imagine what it'd be like to have one of those gap things. thigh gaps? he spread his legs apart, and huffed. zayn's legs already didn't touch, but the thought of a more prominent gap made him happy. but how do you get a thigh gap? and again, wasn't that only for girls? besides-

"zayn! hurry the fuck up! you're wasting water!"

zayn looked up quickly at the locked door, startled by his fathers loud voice. he turned away from the mirror and stepped into the warm shower, forgetting everything he was just saying about his body.

-

at school, liam hurried to find zayn in the courtyard. in the back of his mind, he was worried that his team mates would bother zayn if he wasn't there to protect him.

he spotted zayn sitting at a wooden table, reading a large book. he noticed how zayn was still wearing liam's hoodie from the other night, but without the purple pants. (of course, why would zayn wear purple pants to school? plus, those skinny jeans he had on looked great. liam thought, remember not gay!)

liam walked over and took a seat by zayn, whispering a soft hello, as not to disturb zayn's reading.

zayn hummed and finished his sentence before closing the book and looking up at his best friend.

"hey, li." zayn smiled, making more room for liam to sit on the bench with him.

liam smiled back, "how was your night? i missed you." liam pouted teasingly, making zayn crack a smile.

zayn shrugged, "was good. i have a question."

liam chuckled at zayn's forwardness and nodded to let him continue with his question.

"are boys supposed to have thigh gaps? and what about v-lines?" zayn asked softly, as if someone would overhear and call him a freak or weirdo.

liam furrowed his eyebrows together, "thigh gap? uh, i don't think so?" why would zayn even care about that? "and a v-line? i guess, but some people don't have a prominent one. why do you ask?"

zayn shrugged. "just curious."

liam hummed, looking down at the table while zayn turned back to his book. after a few minutes of comfortable silence, zayn spoke up again.

"i have another question."

liam looked up. "and that is?"

"why'd you kiss my cheek last night?"

-----

my laptop is fixed <3 <3 :D

but this chapter is short because I wrote it on my phone and it's 9pm and im tired.

i'lltry and update tomorrow!!

this is unedited, please let me know of any errors!

-rylnn xxx