|1|: Prologue

I was walking home after another crappy day at work. I really hate being a waitress. All I wanted to dowas cuddle with my daughter and watch some anime to relax.

The sun was shining brightly and beating down on me. It's probably my father's doing. I looked up at the sky and with the slight wave of my hand, I changed the direction of the suns' rays, so they weren't on me.

My crystal clear green eyes started to glow an otherworldly phosphorescent when I used my powers.

I looked around me. 'Good. No one saw.'

  Now you may be wondering how I did what I did, well here's how...

  ... my name is Celeste and I'm a Demigod. Specifically, the daughter of Apollo.

*~*~*~*~*

Celeste picked up her pace so that she could make it home in time to cuddle with her daughter and still have time to watch anime. She soon came upon her apartment building and quickly went inside.

***

  Celeste opened the door to her apartment. "I'm home!" She called out. A little girl came bounding down the hallway and jumped into Celeste's arms.

"Mommy, you're back!" The little girl yelled excitedly.

Celeste swung her daughter around in circles and planted kisses all over her face. Aria was the most precious thing in the world to Celeste.

When Celeste put her daughter down, she heard a chuckle and looked up to see her best friend Brooke, who had been babysitting and witnessed the whole exchange between the mother and daughter.

"You two act like you've been apart for weeks." Brooke said amused. Celeste smiled at her. "It felt like weeks to me. You know I hate being apart from Aria." 

Aria smiled and hugged Celestes' leg. "Can you make me some food mommy?" Aria asked, looking up at her.

"How could I say no to such an adorable face?" Celeste said, gushing over her adorable daughter.

"I'll leave you to it." Brooke said as she walked out the door. "Thanks again Brookey!" Celeste called to her friend.

"No problem... Sunny." Brooke said back, in a playful tone.

Celeste rolled her eyes and closed the door behind her friend. 'She knows that I hate that nickname.' Celeste thought to herself.

"Ok princess, let's get you some food!" Celeste said to Aria. The little girl smiled and ran to the kitchen, causing Celeste to chuckle.

*~*~*~*~*
***

  After eating, I cuddled up on the couch with Aria and read her a book.

I truly treasure moments like this. Around my daughter and Brooke, I can be myself and not have to worry about being exposed. In public and around strangers, I'm always reserved. I love that I can come home and relax.

~ time skip~

An hour later, Aria had fallen asleep next to me on the couch and I smiled and brushed her hair out of her face.

Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am to have Aria in my life. I love her more than anything.

However, there is one thing that comes as a close second to my little girl. And that is... ANIME!

I adore anime and manga. It's my escape from reality. I do need a break sometimes.

  My all time favorite anime is Black Butler. Sometimes I like to picture myself in that world. Brooke thinks I'm a little crazy. She doesn't share the same love of anime that I have.

  I picked up the remote, and turned on the TV and then clicked on Netflix. Clicking on Black Butler, I started watching episode 3, of season 1.

  It's unfortunate that not all the seasons are on Netflix, well, at least season 3. I hate season 2 and I find Alois Trancy and Claude extremely annoying. (don't hate me 😛).

As I was watching, I received a text message from Brooke. 'Why does she have to interrupt my "me" time?'

C: what's up, brookey?

B: Just checking in to see how you're doing. You seemed a little stressed earlier.

C:  I'm fine. It was just another lousy work day. Right now I'm watching Black Butler to destress.

B: But you've seen all the episodes multiple times. You're such a fangirl.

C: I'm just gonna ignore you now, and go back to watching my show.

B: Okay. Ttyl. Ya weirdo. 😛

C: 😒

B: 😉 ❤️❤️

C: 🙄... I love you too. Ya dork. ❤️

  I put my phone in my pocket and pressed play on the show. But as soon as I did, a blinding light came from the TV and it enveloped the room.

I could feel myself being pulled into the light and I fought against it with everything I had. But it didn't make a difference.

Aria woke up and saw me getting pulled away. "Mommy!" She screamed and reached out her hand.

  I tried to grab her hand, but I was too late. In a blinding flash of light, I was knocked out and when I woke up... I was in an unfamiliar forest.

____________________________________

* I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

December 11th, 2020: Hi there! I'm just editing this story a bit. I'm not changing anything, I'm just fixing some grammar mistakes. However, I did change the character introductions a little bit.

For those of you who are reading this story for the first time, there used to be a lot of other powers written for Celeste. But she never used them in the story, so I deleted them.

Okay, that's all. Bye!