998

Hua’er, Did He Change His Mind?

The Empress also felt that too much water had been consumed, but it seemed as though it had all be drank by Feng Zhaolian. She had just held it in her hands to keep up appearances. When it got cold, Fang Yi would replace it with hot tea. In total, she only took three sips. Who could have thought that Feng Zhaolian would be so direct?

She helplessly said: “Who told you to drink so much on your own.”

Feng Zhaolian slapped his thigh: “I say, you really do say some pretty entertaining things for an empress. Dragging me out in the middle of the night to sit here and not giving me anything aside from tea, what else can I do? In any case, couldn’t you give me a pastry to eat? Also, if I don’t drink tea, I would feel sleepy! You might have something on your mind and can’t sleep, but my mind is crystal clear!”

The Empress felt a little on the verge of collapse. Feng Zhaolian looked like a beautiful lady with heavenly beauty. Who knew just how many times more beautiful he was than the Feng family’s Feng Chenyu, but this person was not a real woman. When he wanted to, he could put on quite a good act, but once outsiders left, he would reveal his original personality! Just like that thigh slap, it was truly… to masculine.

“Is your mind really clear?” Though she had her complaints, the Empress was not the type of person to neglect interviewing Feng Zhaolian because of some of his personality issues. She just asked him: “If it really is clear, why have you come to my Jing Ci Palace and refused to leave?”

With Feng Zhaolian having requested it, Fang Yi really brought over quite a few pastries. He was also extremely hungry, saying while eating: “Whether or not I leave is not directly connected to whether or not my mind is clear. My matter has been dragged out for so many years that I have already gotten used to it. That’s why it doesn’t really bother me that much. At most, I will just think about it occasionally. Why has that person still not come to look for you? Or to take a look around Jing Ci Palace to see whether or not the person looking for you has already come, and they’re merely hiding and have not taken the initiative to take the first move.”

“Then have you found them?” The Empress could not get interested in this topic in the slightest, and it seemed like she was forcing her questions out.

Feng Zhaolian had a look of regret and shook his head: “Don’t worry. There really isn’t anyone in Jing Ci Palace, but as for the area around Jing Ci Palace, I really have not had the time to carefully check.”

The Empress laughed, “What is there for this One to feel at ease about? If they come, that’s fine. If they don’t come, that’s also fine. Either way, that’s just life. There are times when I hope that they will act quicker. The sooner that this matter comes up, the sooner it can be resolved. It will also save me from spending my days on edge and being threatened by others.”

“That person can’t threaten you anymore, right?” Feng Zhaolian smiled and said: “That person is climbing high and fast. In just the blink of an eye, she climbed into the imperial bed, but what about you? Your Highness the Empress, how many years has it been since you have last enjoyed being favored?”

The Empress’ face turned red from what he had said, but there was nothing that she could say to refute it. She merely said: “Then just let her continue climbing. This One wants to see if there will come a day when she will climb above this One.”

The two just sat opposite each other from dusk until the sun came up. This continued until Feng Zhaolian could not longer endure and fell asleep. Only then did the Empress call for someone to bring him back to his bedchamber. She, however, continued to sit there without moving.