818

Lian Residence’s Play

The Lian Residence was putting on a play. Feng Zhao Lian had invited a play troupe to the residence to put on a show, as he had invited the madams and young misses from the influential families of the capital. There was no shortage of people from the eighth prince’s faction, and even the girls that were very intent on pursuing the eighth prince were invited. The high-pitched chatter was very lively, and there were even some madams and young misses that that wanted to feel Feng Zhao Lian’s body. Those that succeeded would blush and secretly smile. Their little red faces made it look as if they had seen their idol.

But Feng Zhao Lian was very much so a girl in their eyes; however, it was because he was too beautiful that even girls would be interested. Even the madams that were quite a bit older had forgotten about their relationships. Even if their families had just been robbed and their accessories had just been taken by the Wen Xuan Palace’s prayer for good fortune banquet, they still forgot themselves when the invitation came from the Lian Residence.

The play of the day was about brothers that fought over their family fortune. The brothers were all eager to get their hands on the family’s wealth, and they all aspired to be the one to be the recipient of the family’s wealth after the head of the household died.

At first, it was a fair competition with everyone relying on their own abilities, but during this time, one of the brothers became fierce. Instead of walking the proper path, he took a shady path. He did not want to compete with power to obtain it. He just spent his days with his father’s good friends and building up good relationships to have those good friends speak into his father’s ears about how his other brothers were lacking in different ways while he was the only good one. If it was not that, he would think of ways to harm his other brothers. It was best if he killed them off one by one. Like this, it would naturally belong to him.

It also happened that those good friends gave him face, as they also believed that this person could become something. In the future, he would provide them with help once he became the head. They wholeheartedly helped this person smooth out any troubles. They were even willing when that brother brought up having them provide a large sum of money. But it was not everyone that was willing. Among them, there were a few that expressed that they felt a little hesitant, thus that brother simply carried on, as he used his own power to steal all of what their families had. All of the riches that he had obtained were moved to his own room and did not care for the misery of those that he had stolen from.

Who knew where this troupe had been brought in from, as the story was recounted beautifully. The one that acted as the evil brother was so hated by the people watching the play that their teeth itched. There were even some madams that were so entranced by the play that they began to call him a bastard, and there was even one that picked up her teacup from the table and threw it at the actor. The teacup hit the actor, but he did not cry out in pain.

The head of the troupe saw that everyone below was completely entranced by the play, and he could not help but admire the beautiful girl, Miss Lian, who had given him this play. He had been planning to put on an older play, but Miss Lian said that the old play had been seen hundreds of times, and it was not very fresh. He was then given a play to rehearse. As long as they performed well, there would be a great reward. At first, he did not have much faith in this play. He had just been thinking that this was the boss’ request, and as people being paid to put on a play, they could just perform anything! However, who knew that it would entrance so many people. This was truly an unexpected result! He turned around to discuss the purchase of this play. With such a good play, he needed to ensure that they could perform it when they went somewhere else.

However, the leader of the troupe only knew a bit but did not know the full story. Why were these madams and young misses so emotional? The play was not truly that entrancing. The reason that it created such a response was that it matched with what they had experienced.