835

Doing Business With a Fake Imperial Daughter

Once these words came out, the people were given just enough of a shock. Looking over at where Fu Ya was holding the injured person’s wrist, but of course, Fu Ya was not even touching the vein. She was just holding a normal part of the wrist.

Someone left out a “pft” sound and laughed, saying to the old doctor: “Even a divine doctor cannot possibly find out the problem just by randomly grabbing someone’s wrist!”

Another person directly asked Fu Ya: “Imperial Daughter, what exactly are you doing?”

Fu Ya was left feeling very embarrassed from all of this, and she felt extremely anxious. Fortunately, she did not show anything on her face. In her mind, she quickly reacted and thought of a method to deal with it, quickly replying: “The method is different from what you usually see. This is a technique that I have learned from my Persian master. It’s not something that is often used in Da Shun.” She had a certain level of understanding of Feng Yu Heng, thus she came up with this lie. Without waiting for the people to say anything else, she quickly pulled out a pill and gave it to the old doctor, “For this sort of medicine, give it to him twice a day, one pill each time. Continue taking it for seven days, and there will be no problems in saving his life.” Fu Ya did not know what sort of medicine this was, but Feng Jin Yuan had told her that it could treat someone that had been trampled by a horse, thus there were definitely no problems.

The old doctor looked at her and did not say anything, but he turned his gaze on the pills that she had in her hand. The pills had come from the Hundred Herb Hall in the capital. Feng Yu Heng had taken these medicines out of their original plastic containers and repackaged them in a special paper. It still looked very classy and high-end. The old doctor had been living in the South the entire time, and he had only heard about these medical pills; however, he had never seen them before. Now that he saw them, he felt that they were very mystical. Placing them below his nose, he smelled them and found that they did not have a strong smell. He could not help but begin to question just how much of an effect this sort of small thing could have. How could it possibly compare to the medical soups that were prepared with so many medicinal herbs?

Xiao Tao’er could see the doubts in the old doctor’s eyes. The corners of her lips slightly curled up, as her confidence swelled: “Imperial Daughter Ji An is proficient in making medical pills and tablets for the sick to use instead of the bitter medical soups. Everyone in the world knows this. There’s no need to feel puzzled any longer. This sort of medicine was also part of the Persian medicine that our Da Shun does not have. Because Hundred Herb Hall has not expanded to the South, this sort of thing can be considered quite new, but in the capital, it’s not very rare. The price of the medicine is just higher, and it’s not something that the normal person can use.”

Fu Ya quickly pretended to scold Xiao Tao’er: “What are you talking about with high costs? Using it in a proper way and to treat people is very worthwhile. No matter how valuable something may be, it can’t only be used for the wealthy. In the future, do not say this sort of thing again.”

Xiao Tao’er immediately acknowledged her mistakes, and Fu Ya’s words brought about a cheer from the people outside. She let out a sigh of relief and did not continue to linger. Standing up, she bid farewell and hastily returned to the Feng residence amidst the cheers.

Xiao Tao’er was a bit afraid. Only after the residence’s gates were closed did she say to Fu Ya: “It really was quite dangerous. How is it that you don’t even know how to check a pulse?” To pretend to be a divine doctor, one had to have some preparation. Think about the basics, alright?

But it just so happened that Fu Ya had not thought about it. She had thought of thousands and even tens of thousands of things, but this had been forgotten. Thinking about it at this time, a cold sweat broke out. When she went to see Feng Jin Yuan, she felt a bit guilty.