828

Quickly Invite Imperial Daughter Ji An!

The official that had been called to was an assistant minister of the Board of Public Works, Yin Guang. The so-called third madam was actually nothing more than a concubine of his manor, but she was not a normal concubine. She was his childhood sweetheart, with whom he had grown up. The two once had a very intimate relationship, and they had made an agreement to get engaged, but he was like Feng Jin Yuan. After entering the capital, participating in the imperial exam and becoming an official, he ended up marrying the daughter of another official.

But the difference was that Feng Jin Yuan had married Yao shi with the plan of obtaining the Yao family’s power, but Lord Yin, Yin Guang, was forced to do it. It was the daughter of that official that had taken an interest in him and forced her father to request this marriage from the Emperor. An imperial order was hard to handle, and he had no power to refuse. He could only accept his fate and accept this marriage. After the marriage, the daughter of the official used her power as the head wife to send her personal maidservant into Yin Guang’s room to be his concubine.

Later on, the childhood sweetheart heard about this and hung herself. Fortunately, she was discovered and saved, and her family supported her by sending her to the capital to find the conscienceless Yin Guan to settle this debt. Back then, this matter had caused quite a commotion, and the entire capital had risen up. Also, everyone knew that this marriage was sanctioned by the Emperor, and it was the official that had pleaded with the Emperor for a month to obtain it. As for Yin Guang, he was not too willing. In an instant, the childhood sweetheart had obtained the sympathy of the people, and the daughter of the official could not endure the pressure. She could only agree to allow her into the manor as a concubine mother.

Sorted by order, the sweetheart was naturally the third, and she should have been called third concubine mother, but it was Yin Guang that insisted that she be called third madam, and his attitude was very resolute. He protected her in many ways, and it was such that any trouble that the daughter of the official–now the head wife–tried to cause was unable to get past the hurdle of Yin Guang.

But to give birth to a child in this sort of manor was still not too easy. The head wife was not someone without her own methods. They had been married for many years, and the third madam had gotten pregnant two times; however, not a single child safely reached term. Now that the current pregnancy had reached term, there was a difficult birth?

Yin Guang heard this news and could no longer remain still. Without even thinking of waving to his comrades, he immediately followed his servants and got in the carriage to hurry back to his manor.

When he arrived at the manor, the head wife and the maidservant concubine were also standing at the entrance of the birth room. The head wife had a disinterested look and was saying with biting sarcasm: “Such an unfortunate one wants to bear one of husband’s children? My ass! There wasn’t even a need for this madam to take care of you. The heavens will take care of you themselves! Just go ahead and cry out! Even if you die of exhaustion, nobody would care! A doctor has been called for you, but the doctor shook their head and said that there was nothing that could be done. Hmph, even if husband comes back, your life will still end. It can’t be blamed on me.”

The maidservant at her side also echoed this sentiment: “Of course! Not being able to keep your child time and time again, it just means that even the heavens aren’t letting you give birth! Who knows what sins you committed in your past life. It serves you right that you’re going to see the king of hell early!”

Smack! Smack!

Suddenly, two slaps were thrown, and the maidservant fell to the ground. Just as she was about to begin cursing, she looked up and found that the person that had hit her was the master, Yin Guang. The maidservant’s face turned pale with fear, and she quickly kneeled, no longer daring to make a sound. The head wife of the family also became timid, but she at least knew that Yin Guang would not hit her, nor would he give her too much face. She could only resentfully say: “Husband, three doctors were invited, but they all shook their heads. There’s also nothing that we can do.” She did not dare to look at Yin Guang. Yin Guang was now the assistant minister of the Board of Public Works, and he was no longer just someone that had passed the imperial exam. Her family could no longer influence Yin Guang. But to just watch her maidservant be hit like this, she also felt that there was something that she could not hold back. Thinking about how much favor the third concubine mother received on a daily basis, she could not help but mutter: “The original thought was to use ginseng to support her life, but husband also knows that our manor’s storage was completely emptied out. At this sort of time, the only thing that can support her life is hundred-year-old ginseng, but the family can’t even find a ten-year-old piece.”