874

I Heard That This Prince’s Wife Came Here

“What? Who entered Lan Zhou City?” Feng Jin Yuan was extremely flustered, as he quickly moved around the table and arrived in front of Fu Ya. Dragging her into the room, he then closed the door to the study and urgently asked: “Speak clearly and thoroughly on the matter. What exactly happened?”

Fu Ya took a sip of tea from the table before telling him about the matter of seeing Xuan Tian Ming on the street, especially emphasizing that Xuan Tian Ming had already received the position of General of the Southern Army. After saying this, she asked Feng Jin Yuan with a panicked expression: “Father, what exactly is going on? Wasn’t it said that the South is His Highness the eighth prince’s domain? Don’t the 300 thousand soldiers in the South belong to His Highness the eighth prince? Why would it suddenly become His Highness the ninth prince? With him coming, what should we do? What exactly has happened with His Highness the eighth prince? Why did the prefect of Lan Zhou not say anything earlier?”

Feng Jin Yuan was also wondering the same questions that Fu Ya had asked. He also could not understand why things would suddenly become like this. Normally speaking, it was impossible for such a large thing to happen without any information spreading. Most importantly, the prefect of Lan Zhou should have received this information. In the end, was everyone kept in the dark or just their family?

As Feng Jin Yuan pondered these questions, he suddenly realized a more important problem: “How did His Highness the ninth prince come? How many people? Did Feng Yu Heng come?”

Fu Ya shook her head, “I don’t know if Feng Yu Heng came or not. I only saw him riding a large horse, and there was a large army that I could not see the end of standing behind him. I did not notice anything else. Father, at that time, I was panicked and did not think of looking for Feng Yu Heng! When I saw that purple lotus on His Highness the ninth prince I just trembled. Father, how about we escape?! His Highness the eighth prince is too far to be of any help. Even if he wants to help us, it won’t be in time!”

“Don’t panic.” Feng Jin Yuan stabilized Fu Ya’s emotions, “If you panic like this, things won’t work out.” Feng Jin Yuan calmed himself down first before saying to Fu Ya: “Regardless of the situation, we need to go and ask Lord Ji. Ever since we came to the South, our communication with His Highness the eighth prince has relied on him. Now that this sort of thing has happened, he needs to give us an explanation.”

Feng Jin Yuan did not wait for a single moment. After making this decision, he began heading out, and Fu Ya quickly followed: “Father, I will go with you!”

Who knew that just as they reached the entrance of the residence, the door would be opened, and they would see a purple figure atop a large horse. Behind him was the army of roughly 100 thousand that had come from the capital.

Feng Jin Yuan nearly fell to the ground. It had to be said that the shock brought by the ninth prince was something that he felt more than Fu Ya. In this instant, not only had he thought of the wilfulness of the ninth prince that he had heard of and seen in court for all of those years. He remembered even more clearly the suppression that he had faced after Feng Yu Heng had returned to the manor. Even now, Feng Jin Yuan could still remember the ninth prince whipping Chen shi and breaking Fen Dai’s wrist. He could not help but shudder. The foot that had already stepped out was unsteadily pulled back.

Fu Ya was also so frightened that she did not dare to breathe. She just hid behind Feng Jin Yuan and would occasionally look forward a bit before immediately hiding once more. Even if Xuan Tian Ming did not even look in her direction, she still felt guilty. After all, the person that she was impersonating was his fiancee. If this ninth prince went ballistic, would she not be killed as easily as an ant?