925

Become Even Closer and Become Even Happier

That morning, Feng Yu Heng ate breakfast while being “cheered on” by the gazes of her two maidservants. It was only after leaving the palace that she was able to let out a sigh of relief.

The two sat in Xuan Tian Ming’s imperial carriage and headed toward the Yao manor. Along the way, Xuan Tian Ming observed his wife’s expressions while thinking back to the joy of the previous night. That was quite nice. He lazily leaned back in the carriage and faintly said: “Dear wife is getting to be more and more delicious.” This infuriated Feng Yu Heng and made her decide to ignore him.

When they finally reached the Yao manor, a certain wolf finally became more normal, but his normal was rather oppressive. His face became stoic and devilish, while the purple lotus on his brow remaining visible. No matter how people looked at him, they would feel a bit of dread.

But he was definitely good looking. Xuan Tian Ming’s looks were definitely among the best in Da Shun. There had been people that had heard that His Highness the ninth prince and Imperial Daughter Ji An would be returning to the Yao manor on this day, and a large number of citizens gathered around to catch a glimpse of the two. In truth, there were no lack of young girls and young wives that had come out. There were even quite a few middle-aged women that had secretly come around to try and catch a glimpse of His Highness the ninth prince’s glory.

Feng Yu Heng walked into the Yao manor under these envious looks. Speaking of, her mood was a bit complicated; however, it was not because of these loving glances cast at her husband. Instead, it was a result of this residence being where the Feng family had previously lived. In the past, she had thought about it. There would come a day when she would marry into the Yu Palace, and when she needed to return home to introduce her husband, she would need to enter through this door. She would trample on the faces of the people in the Feng family while walking in, and she would beat them silly.

That was from the time when she hated the Feng manor the most; however, who knew that when this day came, the residence had already changed. The large Feng family disappeared just like that.

The Yao manor had turned this experience into a lively one. Starting with Yao Xian and continuing on to her three uncles and aunts, as her elders, they all held large red envelopes. As for Xuan Tian Ming, he had also made preparations. When leaving the palace, aside from the gifts that he had prepared, he had prepared red envelopes for Feng Yu Heng’s five cousins and Zi Rui. Inside the red envelopes were large sums of gold. The Yao family’s sixth oldest, Yao Xin, snuck a peek and found that banknote for ten thousand taels of gold.

He clicked his tongue. The ninth prince pulled out banknotes worth 60 thousand taels of gold just like that! These were not normal banknotes! This was a little too much! But this also made it clear just how much he favored their cousin. The Yao family, who has always loved daughters as much as they loved life expressed their satisfaction.

The new son-in-law had come, and there should have been quite a few rules about it, but since Xuan Tian Ming was a prince, they could not have him carry tea for the members of the Yao family, thus these were skipped. Either way, Yao Xian did not care about such things, nor did he have much of an understanding of the ancient world. He just knew that his granddaughter had chosen a good man. With just a glance at her actions and behavior, he could see the love that his granddaughter felt. This was enough. He was Feng Yu Heng’s grandfather. Although he had lived two lives, he was already in his sunset years. Who knew when this old bag of bones would meet its end? To have been able to witness his granddaughter get married, it could be considered as fulfilling one of his greatest desires.