CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Start from the beginning

"Nope," Tatyana shook her head, reaching for her menu. "We just got here a couple of minutes ago. I do want to try their breakfast though but that day will not be today..."

"Well, since I suggested it, y'all could get whatever you want and I got it," Malaysia assured everyone.

Wait, she was offering to pay for everyone's meal? It was a nice offer but I didn't want her to spend so much money on us. I decided I was going to pay for my meal.

"Thank you for the offer, but I'll pay..."

"No, it's okay." She insisted.

I dropped it, though I still felt the need to pay for my meal. A waiter appeared at our table, holding a notepad as she wore a grin on her face.

"Hi everyone, my name is Lili Morrison, and I'll be your server for today," She introduced herself with a gleaming smile. "And I'll like to start off asking you all, what would you like to drink?"

I checked the menu again.

"A fresh brewed ice tea," Leandra told her.

"A strawberry vanilla smoothie sounds good right about now," Tatyana asserted, before finally deciding. "Yeah, a strawberry vanilla smoothie."

"A cold sprite for me," Malaysia ordered.

I was the last person to decide as always. I was kind of a picky person, especially with my food.

"Uh...lemonade, for me."

"I'll be back." Lili smiled at us, leaving our table.

I turned my attention on to my phone as I heard Leandra discussing her plans with Isaac. They had an interesting relationship as I listened to the way she talked about him. They were together yet it didn't seem that way at all, at work. Maybe they weren't affectionate in the workplace. I saw more of that with her and Mr. McKnight.

"So...out of all the guys in our group, who do you find the most attractive?" Malaysia wondered.

I looked up, realizing she was talking to me. I put my phone down, as I squinted my eyes in thought.

"I mean they're all good looking to me, so I can't say there's a most attractive one in the group," I answered her question truthfully.

"All the guys seemed to take a liking to you, I notice," Leandra butted in, as she then mumbled, "I wonder why..."

I heard her.

"They might like my personality, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders. "I just go with the flow. I like everyone's vibe in the group so no wonder you all are so close with one another. I feel lucky that you've all accepted me into the circle."

"You remind me of a girl version of Terrell," Tatyana confirmed. "I think that's why y'all friendship blossomed. You are so down to earth, very opinionated and goofy."

"Yeah, out of the guys we did grow closer." I agreed.

Terrell was a breath of fresh air that walked into my life. I've had my share of boy-best friends and friends who were guys but I never found myself so comfortable with them as I feel that I am with him. I wouldn't say that we were the same version of one another in boy/girl form but I truly appreciated him.

"Enough of that, you still haven't told me who you call your best friend about the guy you're talking to," Malaysia told her, crossing her arm over the other. "Is it someone we know?"

"I didn't think it was that serious," Tatyana frowned, turning her head as the server finally arrived with our drinks.

"Sorry for the long wait," She apologized, sitting our drinks in front of us. "Are you all ready to order?"