Chapter 9

The giant towers of the republic executive building seemed to reach up towards the sky...

Traffic clogged up the smoggy sky as the many creatures went on their way.....

Chancellor Palpatine sat behind his desk... with two royal guards on either side of the door. Yoda, Ki-Ad-Mundi and Mace Windu stood across from him.

"My friends, I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote... More and more star systems are joining the separatists," Palptine said.

" If they do break away" Mace Windu replied.

No! shouted Palptine

Windu sighed and tried to remain calmly...."But if they do? you must realize, there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic" Windu said.

Alia was standing outside of the door... she heard Palptine yell and it caused her to be very high alert, she sensed darkness around him... but she didn't wanna say anything, not yet at least.

She heard Yoda...

"Worse than war, I fear... much worse"

"What?" Palpatine asked.

Alia thought to herself... Master Yoda what do you sense? could this be the start of something big?

" Impossible to see.... The Dark side is everywhere, but I am sure of......." he paused.... Yoda opened his eyes and continued his sentence "do their duty, the Jedi will."

Alia looked behind her... she saw Padme, Jar Jar and Captain Typho walking up towards her....

Suddenly the doors opened....

Yoda and Windu walked up to Alia, they knew she was standing outside.... they knew that she heard everything.

Windu smiled and said "Glad to see that you are alive and well Alia".

"Thank you Master Windu" Alia replied back with a smile.

"Do you have any idea on who is behind the attack" Padme questioned.

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners, on the moons of Naboo." Windu said....

"I do not wish to disagree... but I think that Count Dooku was behind it" Alia added in, she had always had suspicions on it being him.

There was a stir of emotions in the room.

"Alia, Count Dooku was once a Jedi... he wouldn't assassinate anyone, it's not what he does" Windu replied

"He is a political idealist.... not a murderer" Ki-Adi-Mundi added.

Palptine pushed himself up... walked to the window.. and looked out into the city.

"Count Dooku has always avoided any kind of conflict, it appears he has no desire to start a war.... Why would he want to kill Padme? To what end?" Palptine sighed.

"I don't know... but something is telling me, he's behind it...." Alia trailed off.

After another gazed out the window.... Palptine turned to Master Windu.

"May I suggest that Senator Amidala be placed under the protection of your graces?" Palptine suggested.

"I can protect her!" Alia spoke up... heads all turned towards her.

"Able to protect her, you are....." Yoda said but paused.

"You will need help..." Master Windu finished

"I understand Master Windu..." Alia gently said.

Alia turned to look at Padme... she sensed that she was angry, she didn't want anymore guards.

"Chancellor, please no more guards!" Padme pleaded....

"I realize all too well that additional security might be disruptive... for you, but perhaps someone...... you both are familiar with, an old friends...Master Kenobi..." Palptine stated... he turned towards Windu and nodded, Master Windu nodded back.

"That's possible... he just returned from a border dispute on Ansion" Master Windu said.

"This is not necessary, Chancellor" Padme replied.

Alia felt something.... something she hasn't felt in along time, she sensed that someone was in great pain... exhausted.

Alia quickly snapped out of her thoughts... she noticed that the meeting was over.

Alia and Padme followed everyone out....Padme turned towards Alia and smiled.

"You finally get to see Anakin... after 10 years" Padme said.

Alia rolled her eyes and laughed... "I doubt he remembers me" she replied.