Chapter 10

"Don't be silly.. Alia, you told me that he called you an angel" Padme said with a hint of hope in her voice.

Alia shrugged...she thought to herself.. what if he doesn't remember her?

The thought haunted her....

Alia sat on the couch and flipped her lightsaber in the air.....she was so focused on it... making sure, she didn't turn it on.

Padme was sitting across the room, watching Alia....

Suddenly Alia stopped flipping her lightsaber... it alerted Padme, they both stood up..

They heard excited yelling... it was Jar Jar, Alia roller her eyes and continued to flipped her lightsaber.... Padme made her way to where Jar Jar was, Alia followed behind.

" Lookie.....Lookie.... Desa Jedi here!! Oops.... oh dear, I'm afraid I have forgotten Alia..." Jar Jar said while turning to look at Alia.

Alia laughed...

Alia walked up, her eyes locked with Anakin..

He was studying her... her focus turned towards Obi wan.

"You grew a beard!" She said

He laughed...

"It's a great pleasure to see you again" he said.

she smiled.

"It has been far too long Obi wan, I'm so glad our paths have crossed again... I've missed you terribly, my good friend." She said gently.

"I must warn you... I think it's unnecessary that you both are here, I have Alia." Padme said... clearly upset.

"I'm sure the Jedi council have their reasons" Obi Wan added.

"H-Hello Anakin," Padme greeted....

"Ani... my goodness you've grown" Alia said nervously. Sensing how uncomfortable Anakin was. He quickly turned his head and looked at Alia... he smiled.

"So have you... grown more beautiful, I mean much shorter.. for a Jedi knight, I mean" Anakin attempted to play it smooth... but Alia saw through him, she couldn't help but giggle.

Obi Wan looked disapprovingly at his apprentice with a small shake of his head.

Alia noticed that Anakin seemed so out of character... all of sudden.

"Oh Anakin.. you will always be that small little boy who hid behind Obi Wan, when we first met." Alia said gently.

Embarrassed by Alia comment... he looked down at the floor. Padme and Obi Wan smiled.

"I don't think we need more security... I need more answers, I want to know who's trying to kill me." Padme said clearly sticking with her belief...

"Our presence will be invisible, M'Lady" Obi Wan said trying assure Padme.

"We're here to protect you... Padme.. I mean Senator Amidala, not start an investigation" Alia said... trying to ease her friend into allowing them to stay.

"We will find out who is trying to kill you, Padme... I promise you", Anakin said trying to help out.

He looked from Padme to Alia... but he was more focused on Alia.

"We are not going to exceed our mandate, my Young Padawan" Obi Wan stated, giving Anakin a dirty look.... Alia bit her lip, trying hard not to laugh.

" I mean in the interest of protecting her... Master" Anakin said trying to defend himself.

"We are not going through this exercise, again... Anakin, you will pay attention to mine and Alia's lead", Obi Wan ordered.

"Why?" Anakin questioned.

"What?" Obi Wan said with confusion.

"Why else do you think we are assigned to Padme, if not to find the killer? Protection is a job for local security... not Jedi. It's overkill, Master... investigation is implied in our mandate," Anakin replied... trying to reason with Obi Wan.

Alia was very disappointed in the way Anakin was acting... They were here to help her... help her protect Padme.

"We will do as the council has instructed, and you will learn your place, Young one!" Obi Wan finished.

Alia looked over at Padme... who had a very concerned look on her face... Alia shrugged.

"Perhaps with merely your presence, the mysterious surrounding this threat will be revealed... Now if you'll excuse me! I shall retire..." Padme said while standing up.

Alia stood up and gave her a slight bow, and soon everyone followed.

Alia turned to look at Obi Wan and Anakin... she folded her hands across her chest and shook her head...