colors

The night is blue. it's cold. chilling. fear is blue too. it's electric. it strangles life and resuscitates death. 

Home is green. it's the grass blades outside my low bedroom window. it's the leaves of every plant I grew with my father. 

Happiness is brown. it's the clay I ran barefoot on since the day I could walk. 

Time is black. It's a prison. it holds us in thick chains. it's a death sentence.

White is a restart. a new chance at life. it's pure. not quite yet tainted. 

Anger is grey. it's the blurred line between the black prison chain thickening and the strong desire for a clean white canvas. 

Red is beautiful. it's lovely. it's the good kind of striking. red is pleasing to the eye. it's the ladybugs I found in the grass as a little girl. But it can be dangerous. Explosive. Rage is red, it creates a beautiful little mess of things.

Pink is artistic. the perfect combination of red and white; the swirl of beauty and a glimpse into the artists view of a perfect world. A different life. 

Purple is poetic. the stanzas written at night with stunning beauty and grace. 

Orange is hot and bright. it's tangy with nostalgia. it's the heat soaking into my feet as I dance in the street with the sun embedding it's warmth into my shoulders.

Life is full of colors. they just appear differently to everyone.