I see Spencer run out of the corner of the room and head straight for me. Oh, I get it now. I get into a stance as I wait for Spencer to reach me. When I see he isn't going to slow down, I move out of the way. He runs next to me and pivots, turning to face me. I duck and swing my legs out, trying to knock him off-balance. He anticipates my move and grabs my leg, pulling me towards him. I let him pull me and then swing my arm out and hit him in the gut. He doubles over, trying to catch his breath, and loosens his grip on my leg. I jerk back and jump up, preparing myself for another attack.

"Not bad!" Spencer beams, surprise in his dark eyes.

Spencer straightens up and smirks at me before slowly walking towards me again. I stand my ground and wait until he gets close. He spins around, swinging his leg out and hits the back of my calves. I fly backwards and land on the hard mat. Despite the pain, this gives me the momentum I need. I reach my hands back behind me and swing my feet out, kicking him in the chest. As he falls backward, I kick my feet up and over my head, before straightening up and facing Spencer, who is still on the ground.

"Wow, you really do have training. I thought you were just trying not to come across childish and defenseless," Spencer's pride shone brightly in his face, creepy coming from somebody who looked as dark as he did. He stood up slowly, looking defeated, and slumped back over to the pile of his belongings he haphazardly threw in the corner. I turned and did the same.

I didn't have much time to prepare before I hear the sound of someone landing behind me. I turn around just in time to see a fist coming straight for my face. I duck at the last second and kick my foot out, connecting with Spencer's shins. He staggers backwards, but remains standing. This totally was not a fair fight. He swings another punch towards me, so I put my arm up to block the attack. I wince as his arm connects with mine. That is going to leave a bruise. I swing up my foot to kick him in the face, but he grabs my leg and throws me across the room. I twist my body, so I can land on my feet. Ten years of gymnastics is proving to be useful.

I decide to try and incorporate more of the moves I had learned. It's been over two years, so I hope I'm not too rusty. I get a running start and jump, bring my hands forward and over my head, connecting with the mat, giving myself enough momentum to swing my feet up before coming to a stop in the front of Spencer. He stares at me surprised, giving me enough time to swing around and kick him in the gut, same spot as I just did a little bit ago. When he falls to the ground, I jump on top of him, placing my knees on both sides of his thighs, and hold down his arms. I know that he is strong enough to push me off, but he doesn't.

My heavy breathing becomes apparent as Spencer stares at me in wonder. I pant, having trouble getting air into my lungs as an applause erupts behind me. Turning around, I see the whole group standing there, clapping. Thankfully, I'm not sweating so much, seeing that I didn't put deodorant on. My heart, which was already beating fast from the exercise, increases as I look as Nathan's face. He is the only one not clapping, but the admiration shining in his eyes mirrors the pride Spencer just had. Blushing, I push myself off of Spencer and offer him my hand to help him stand up.

"Maybe you don't need to do as much training as we originally thought," Stephan stepped forward, the only one still clapping. "Granted, I didn't try my best, but you still might stand a chance in the real world," he tries to defend his actions for getting beat by a girl.

I felt myself blushing again as I sat against the wall to put my socks on again. If only they knew how much I freaked in an actual situation, I told myself, but didn't say anything. If they needed to have faith in me for something, I was glad it was something I didn't disappoint them in.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, consisting of mainly me asking the 'pack' a lot of questions. Apparently, Dr. Jackson was a scientist who has been after the supernatural population for years. He's part of a group called the Keepers. He got a hold of whomever he could, making them experiments and his own personal slaves, bent on only doing his work. Only few actually survived through the experiments to become his slaves, though. Unfortunately, there was a whole society of these people called Keepers, but Dr. Jackson was the most well-known.