2. 117

"The best relationship is when you two can act like lovers and best friends. It's when you have more playful moments than serious moments. It's when you can joke around and have unexpected hugs and random kisses. Or when you give each other that specific stare and smile. It's when you can just be yourself and still be loved for who you are"

 It's when you can just be yourself and still be loved for who you are"

---

As soon as the pack arrived at the Animal Clinic, Scott and James grabbed Derek and carried him inside the clinic before they put Derek on the metal table. 

Deaton remove the blanket from Derek and his eyes widened "Wow" he said "Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for" Stiles said "I think you might be overestimating my abilities" Deaton said and Lydia grabbed Derek's hand "He's cold. Really cold" she said "Do you think this is permanent?" Harper asked.

Deaton took a look on the teenager laying on the table "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience" Deaton said "So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked "Until he wake up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here" Deaton said "You mean from Kate?" James asked "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate" Deaton said "Why would she want do this to him?" Lydia asked "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her" Deaton said "And bad for everyone else" Stiles said "You guys should go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again" Deaton said "Someone should stay with you" Scott said "I'll stay" Lydia said "I will stay too" James said and Lydia looked at him "No. You go home. I will be fine. My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes" she said "I'm not okay with this" James said "Guys, go" Lydia said "No" James said "Text us if anything happens" Harper said and Lydia nodded before Harper and Stiles left.

Scott looked at Lydia "Anything happens, anything, you text us" Scott said and Lydia nodded "Nope, still not okay with it" James said, but Scott grabbed his arm and pulled him with him "Not going anywhere" James said, but Scott kept dragging him with him, "All right, just because you're the Alpha..." James said as they left.

---

Scott, Harper and James stepped into the house quietly so they didn't woke up their mom. They were walking on their tiptoes trying not to make any sound. But then they stopped when they noticed Rafael sleeping on the couch.

They tried to sneak out, but then Scott's foot hit a metal tool box that was on the floor making Harper and James give Scott a look. 

The noise woke up Rafael and he looked at the three kids in the living room, "Scott?" he said "Hey, Dad" Scott said "Good job Scott" Harper said "What's with the tools?" Scott asked, Rafael stood up from the couch and walked towards them "Oh, I was just, uh, getting started on a list of repairs you guys need done" Rafael said "What time is it?" he asked "It's, um" Scott said and the three looked at the clock, it was 4:06 am "Midnight" Harper said as she turned the clock.