Chapter 7

We walked hand in hand downstairs to breakfast. I was exhausted but Reno wouldn't let me go to bed.

"I already ate."

"That was to sober you up. You just used a lot of energy, we have to replace it. Just eat a little then we'll cuddle and go to bed," he persuaded.

"Pwomise?" I pouted.

"Yes, love. I promise."

We walked to the dining room to see it full of men eating. They all stood when we entered. Someone moved to give me a seat but I made a face at Reno. I wasn't about to sit in a hard chair with how sore my ass and thighs were.

Reno pulled me into his lap with a smile. "Sore?"

"Hush."

When I started pushing food around on my plate he finally took me upstairs and laid me on his chest. I was out before he could pull the blanket over us.

"You know I just love the way you beg."

"Please just let me go. My father will give you anything," a young voice called out.

I heard five sinister chuckles."Your father? Your father won't save you from us."

"You're lying!" The young voice insisted. Her father wouldn't leave her here. He wouldn't.

"Not at all little princess," the leader's voice answered. "I've always been honest with you."

She had to admit he was right. She'd known him most of her life, he'd never lied to her. Not even when he probably should have.

"So I'm going to be honest with you now," his smile grew on his face as his goons grew closer to her. "We're about to fuck you again." Her legs were forcefully ripped apart as he dropped his pants and positioned himself between them.

"No, no, please!"

"Please wake up, baby girl. I'm here. I'm here," I heard Reno say.

I didn't move. I just breathed trying to process my dream.

"You're safe Ai. I promise," he cooed, stroking my hair.

(Ai-love-Japanese)

"Reno?"

"Yes baby girl?"

"I'm going to kill him. I swear on my mother's soul I'm not dying until he's dead. I'm going to turn everything he loves into ash; make him beg for the sweet release of death, but I won't give it to him. I'm going to torture him to death like he did me."

"You're not dead. You're alive, breathing fire and life into this world, my beautiful Phoenix."

"But that girl is dead. She's gone. And I will avenge her even if costs me everything. I do not care. That fucking pig of a father of mine is on borrowed time. One day soon I'm going to collect."

"Breathe my one and only. Breathe for me."

My chest was heaving up and down. I was going to have a panic attack if I didn't listen to him. I sat up and put my head between my knees and covered my face as he rubbed my back whispering soothingly in Japanese.

When his phone rang he got out of bed and turned the ringer off before going to his door and talking to one of his guards. A few moments later he was handing me a bottle of Fiji water. I smiled a little at him before chugging the bottle. This time my phone started going off.