The Phoenix's fight

Start from the beginning

However, after a few seconds, more people came running over the collapsed building and some of the previous attacker managed to climb out of the debris. Deku was unfazed by this and instead reared his fist back as lightning covered his body. As the attackers came closer the green lightning became darker and darker, as well as growing more powerful, making cracks in the ground as it struck. Just as the first attacker came into striking distance, Deku punched him. The attacker was blown apart by the force and a massive shockwave erupted, pushing all the attacker, as well as the debris from the building all the way back towards the tower at immense speeds.

Koku Hanabata was laying among the wreckage now surrounding the central tower. One moment he was sending over a hundred people to attack Deku, the leader of the Phoenix revolution. Then, the next moment, they were all blown back with a single blow without even touching Deku. "H-how?" Hanabata asked himself as he propped himself up and looked over his dead comrades. "How can someone be so powerful?" He wondered. "It's quite simple really" a cold voice replied from Hanabata's side. He looked towards the source and saw the person behind all the carnage. "I wasn't given power, so I learned how to take it" Deku said with a sinister smile that filled Hanabata with dread.

Deku stopped next to Hanabata and looked down at the man. "You're the one they call Trumpet, right?" Deku asked. "Such a waste" He added, not waiting for a response. Deku then opened a portal behind Hanabata. "Although, your quirk is not yet wasted" He said. He then grabbed the mans head and began dragging him towards the portal. "Quirks aren't wasted on people" Deku monologued as he slowly lifted Hanabata up and took in the fear in the mans face. "It's the people that are wasted on quirks" Deku said with a dark smile. He then threw the man through the portal and closed it.

Rikiya Yotsubashi looked over the battle torn city through his windows with a conflicted face. He hadn't thought that this Deku, a little kid, could cause so much damage. After all, he had just worked with the insignificant league of villains before. However, when Yotsubashi realised that Deku was gaining a following he began making measures to stop the kid's little rebellion. For the last year, the two adversaries had been locked in a fight in the underground society, trying to end the other. Now, in the matter of minutes, Deku and his revolution had destroyed most od Deika city and killed many of Yotsubashi's allies. He wouldn't let this go unpunished. Then the elevator to his office opened.

"The CEO of Detnerat. So you're Re-destro" Deku stated as he exited the elevator. "And you're the ungrateful child they call Deku" Yotsubashi retorted as he turned around and faced Deku. "Call me whatever you like. But the fact is that I'm winning this conflict" Deku said "Just look at all your dead soldiers. Your dead allies" He continued with a smirk as a frown spread across Yotsubashi's face "Everything you've tried to achieve will be burned down. Then I'll do the same to the hero society" Deku said. "I think you're mistaken Deku. This is only a minor setback. We have agents across the country, we can easily rebuild" Yotsubashi said through gritted teeth. "Once you're dead" He added.

Before Deku managed to react, Yotsubashi's arm turned dark and grew in size before it punched him. Deku barely managed to use a forcefield quirk to protect himself, but was still launched into a wall. Yotsubashi didn't wait and launched himself towards Deku who narrowly managed to step aside, but his arm was still hit, breaking it. Deku activated one for all and jumped over Yotsubashi and delivered a kick to his back. He then turned around to release an explosion, but was instead punched through the window.

Deku began shooting fire from his feet to keep himself in the air. "Full power" He said as the fire increased in strength and launched himself back towards Yotsubashi. He quickly grabbed the man and began ascending through the roof. "I'll show you full power" Yotsubashi said as they ascended higher. Deku then noticed that Yotsubashi's body grew larger and darker, increasing in weight. "Fine, this will do" He said and dropped Yotsubashi back towards the tower they had fought in. Deku then ascended a bit further before turning around and began accelerating towards Yotsubashi. Deku turned up one for all as much as he could right before his fist made contact. The two adversaries kept accelerating down then right before hitting the tower, Deku punched Yotsubashi downwards and released the biggest explosion he could. Yotsubashi was disappeared into the tower as the ground exploded.

Deku carefully landed in the massive crater that had been made. Several blocks had been levelled with the ground, and in the middle laid the wreckage from the tower. "He was more powerful than I thought" Deku commented as he checked the arm that had been broken to make sure the healing quirk had done its job. He was interrupted however, when he heard some rubble moving around. Deku snapped his attention back to the remains of the tower just as massive, black figure emerged from the debris. "Stress is really not good for my hairline. And you're really stressing me out" Re-destro said.

Deku didn't have time to think before Re-destro was using his fingers to hold up Deku by his arms. "You've done nothing more than stealing other people's abilities" Re-destro said with distain. Deku then felt both of his hand crushed under Re-destro's hold, making him scream in pain. "True power is earned" Re-destro said.

Deku desperately tried to get out of Re-destro's grip, but even using as much of one for all he could handle didn't help. So he decided to go past his limit. The lightning surrounding his body grew darker and fiercer, making Re-destro cautious. Deku screamed as every cell in his body felt like it was burning up. Suddenly, tentacles made of a black substance shot out from Deku and grabbed Re-destro. Re-destro jumped back in surprise, becoming very cautious. "You don't think I've earned my power?" Deku asked as began laughing. The black tentacles flailing wildly around his arms then grabbed a massive boulder. "I went through hell to get here!" Deku yelled as he laughed like a maniac and threw the boulder towards Re-destro at immense speed.

Now Re-destro was the one who had to dodge attacks. "Stand still so that I can tear you apart!" Deku yelled as more tentacles pierced the ground where Re-destro had stood moments prior. Deku stopped for a moment when he saw drones appearing that attached themselves to Re-destro's body. The drones started spreading across his body, covering him in a mechanized armour. "150% stress!" Re-destro shouted. Deku threw another boulder towards Re-destro, but this time he caught it and crushed it.

"So that is how it is" Deku said in a dark voice as the black tentacles dissipated. Re-destro was about to attack Deku, but then he noticed something. An emerald green fire started spreading across Deku's body. First a very weak fire, but it quickly increased in strength and brightness, making it difficult for Re-destro to look. "This will be fun!" Deku laughed and launched himself towards Re-destro and punched him.

A massive hole was blown in Re-destro's armour and he was flung backwards. He hit the edge of the crater with immense force. Before Re-destro had time to get up a massive stream of green fire hit him. The heat overloaded his armour's cooling mechanism, slowly boiling him inside the armour. He quickly jumped out of the suit and away from the fire. But when he landed, he saw a figure made from the green fire come towards him from above and for a moment, right before it hit him, it looked like a phoenix. Then, everything went black.

A/N: Finally, another chapter, rejoice! I hope that you liked it, quite a lot happening at the end along with some mild foreshadowing. I also bring other good news. I'm no longer sick from whatever made me ill. Still don't know what the hell made me sick for so long, but it's no longer there at least. My internet problems are also ending soon. After several problems with bad customer service and delays, they're going to install the fiber optic cable in a few days. Also, "Pushing Onwards" is almost at 100 thousand views which is INSANE! Anyways, I hope you're all having a wonderful day. Goodbye.