Deux

{michael will be taller than luke in this story}

|| WE CHASE AFTER GHOSTS AND SPIRITS AND ARE LEFT HOLDING ONLY MEMORIES AND DREAMS. IT'S NOT HTAT WE WANT WHAT WE CAN'T HAVE; IT'S THAT WE'VE HELD ALL WE COULD WANT AND THEN HAD TO WATCH IT SLIP AWAY ||

"lucas, dear. how is your sculpture going?" my mother asked over dinner. she had a fond smile on her face, her fingers intertwined. 

it was just me and her sitting down eating. dad was doing whatever things gods do throughout the day, just like always. 

when i was first told that zeus and hera were my biological parents by alex, my guardian, i always thought that they would do nothing and it confused me as to why zeus was never home. i would have never thought that they did not do nothing throughout the entire day. i thought that it was so simple; just yell at people for not doing what they were meant to do and nothing else. 

i cut up my food into smaller pieces and smiled back at her. "it's going well, thank you. i've got most of the sculpture done, actually. the past two to three months have been very busy, but i'm quite proud of how it's turning out. i really do believe it would be impossible to make a sculpture more beautiful than michael."

"michael? is that his name now?" mother asked, raising her eyebrow, bringing her glass of wine to her lips, taking small sips.

"yes," I said happily. "oh mother, i'm so glad that you came up with the idea of creating someone perfect for myself. i haven't been this happy in such a long time. michael, he makes me happy, you know? i mean, i know it seems almost impossible since he is an inanimate object and i'm a human-type-of-thing, but there's a connection between us, a really strong one."

"human-type-of-thing?" she questioned. 

"yes, i didn't know what to label myself as. my parents are gods and i'm human, as far as i know.. just with more abilities and more skills to do things, therefore, i am a human-type-of-thing." 

she just chuckled and shook her head. "this connection between you and michael.." she paused, "what is it like?"

i shrugged. how to put it in words, i did not know. he made me feel things i should not have felt for an inanimate object, but i could not help it. everything about michael was perfect, from the way he looked to the way he 'dressed' to the way he 'acted'. 

i always saw michael as a frat boy type of person, and even though most frat boys are not the most perfect, he was still perfect to me. his hair is red, like fire. his eyes are like the colour of the ocean, somewhat green, somewhat blue and his lips were so pink they almost looked red. 

"he just.. he makes me happy." i tried to explain. i could not.

"you do realise he is inanimate at the moment, yes?" she asks.

"i'm not stupid, mother."

"i just don't want you to get attached to him. and what if you do lose against ca—?" she said cut herself off by slapping her hands over her mouth.

"mother. what if i lose against whom?"

"nothing, lucas."

"you said this had nothing to do with you, you said you only wanted me happy. why did you lie?" i was not just mad, i was humiliated. i should have seen this coming because she would have never even allowed me to make the sculpture a guy had she not gained something out of it. popularity, more fame — as if she was not the wife of zeus, for heaven's sake —, to show off. if it had nothing to do with her immediate answer would be no.

"i did want this for your happiness!" she said standing up, slamming her hand on the desk.

"then who am i losing against?" i asked standing up as well, looking down at her. she has not tall, just about 5'6 where as i was 6'2.

she frowned. "i made a bet against athena." 

i shook my head, disappointed in her choices. "why?"

"i was so sick of her going, my child calum can do this and that and wow he's so smart. like i could care less." she said shrugged near the end.

"you do realise calum is my friend and he is the son of the goddess of fucking wisdom."

"language, child. i did not raise you like this."

"technically, you did not raise me at all."

"i have had enough of this, go to your room." she said turning around, taking the dishes to the sink. 

i mumble a quick 'whatever' before turning around and heading to my room. of course they have a massive mansion that's got over 20 rooms. i didn't see the point of it. it was just the three of us, and occasionally, alex whenever he stayed the night. i wanted to work on michael, just to calm myself, but that is all hera wanted. 

in the end, i caved in and worked on michael, finishing up the final touches to make him completely perfect.

n/a this will go against a poop ton of demi-god stories. but at the age of 14, he found out he was the son of hera and zeus and now lives with them.