.CHAPTER 59 - And Now We Wait...

GUMBALL P.O.V

I could feel Fiona and Bonnie coming after me. 

This is gonna mess up the group a little bit...

"Hey... are you ok? That was a little... intense..." Fiona said, trying to console me. 

"I'm fine..." I said, tears streaming down my face. "He's not the one being bullied... he doesn't get it... I'm done..." I finished. 

"But... breaking up? Don't you think that... maybe... you went a little too far...? I mean... you're the one who said that nothing could get in the way of—" Bonnie started, but I interrupted her. 

"I know what I said... but... it doesn't matter anymore... this is enough... I've had enough..." I said, sighing and looking down. The girls just sighed and hugged me. Glob, I can't wait to see him...

_______________________________________________________________

MARSHALL P.O.V

When I arrived at my house, the lights in my room were on. 

What the fuck... my mom's not in town... who the hell—then I widened my eyes and ran to my bedroom. 

When I got there, I saw Gumball, sitting on my bed, smiling at me. He got up and blushed.

"Gumball..." I ran toward him and hugged him tight, making the both of us fall on the bed. I landed on top of him. He giggled. 

"Marshy..." He said, softly. I held myself up by the elbows, looking into his eyes, caressing his hair. 

"I thought... y-you were crying... and... and that slap... felt... so real..." I blabbered. He held my face in his hands. 

"I told you I was a good actor..." He said smiling.

"Fuck... you could've told me you'd slap me in the face... dammit, Gumball... it really hurt, y'know... and I was really worried that you were actually mad at me..." I said, with a serious look on my face. He giggled. 

"If I had told you... it wouldn't have looked so good now, would it?" He said laughing. I pouted. 

"Maybe... but still... scared the fuck outta me..." I said, rolling to his side. He sat on top of me. 

"But... now we're alone... and that is all over... what're we gonna do?" He asked me. I held him by the hips, and sighed. 

"I guess... we have to hide now, love... from the others... y'know, sneak around... but I don't wanna keep lying to our friends until that son of a bitch decides to show himself... we need to tell them..." I said. He sighed. 

"Well, we could call them over and explain the whole thing... now that the hardest part is over, they'll keep our secret..." He said, smiling. I smiled. 

"True. Then... I'll text them to come here tomorrow... because right now... we're gonna play behind closed doors... just the two of us... how does that sound?" I asked smirking. He blushed. 

"Well... I'd like to play... j-just the two of us... for now..." He smiled and blushed. I rolled us over, landing on top of him. Fuck... he's so perfect.

"I'll make you feel good, then..." I whispered in his ear. He shivered. I leaned in and kissed him.

*next day*

We woke up and Gumball looked like he was having a nightmare. I caressed his face and called his name, trying to make him snap out of it.

"Hey... Gumball... wake up, love... I'm right here..." I whispered, trying to wake him up. Nothing... 

"Urgh... n-no... don't..." He struggled. I frowned. Fuck, what's he dreaming about?

"Gumball... wake up..." I said, a little firmer now. 

"N-no... s-stay away... don't t-touch him... M-Marshall..." He struggled. I sighed. 

This is because of the note. He's still scared something might happen to me. I held his face and began to kiss him.

"Gerald... wake up, love..." I whispered in between kisses. He jolted awake, gasping for air. "Morning..." I smiled. He looked at me, surprised. 

"M-morning... Marshy... I-I was having... a n-nightmare..." He said scared. I sighed. 

"I know... I heard..." I said hugging him, I could feel him starting to cry. "It's ok, Gummy... I'm right here..." I reassured him. He sighed relieved. 

"D-did you just call me Gerald?" He said, smiling. I nodded. 

"Yeah... why?" I answered, not thinking too much about it. He blushed. Cute...

"Nothing... I... like it when y-you call me by my first name..." He mumbled. My eyes widened at his cuteness. 

"I'll do it more often, then..." I said, smiling... he looked down, smiling and blushing harder. "Let's text the others..." I remembered.

We texted our friends from my phone, because we were in my house, it was supposed to look like only I was calling them over. Soon, they arrived.

"Hey guys..." I said looking at Fiona, Flame, Bonnie, Marceline and Mono on the couch. They weren't happy. 

"I really don't feel comfortable being here after you and Gumball broke up, Marshall Lee." Bonnie said. I chuckled. 

"Wha—Marshall... what's going on here? You're acting really weird." Fiona said, frustrated. 

"It's okay guys... I'm right here." Gumball said, entering the living room. They sounded surprised. 

"Wha—what the FUCK is happening? What are you doing here?" Flame said, very surprised. Gumball and I smiled. 

"Wait... you guys are back together...? is that it?" Bonnie said. Marcy laughed. 

"They never broke up in the first place... tell them already, this is taking too damn long..." Marcy said, very impatient. They looked at us very confused. 

"It's true..." Gumball started. "Look, guys... the pranks and the bullying... they have a reason..." I looked down. "A few days ago, I got an anonymous threat note, saying they'd kill Marshall if I didn't break up with him." He said, upset. 

"And we think that the pranks started because they're trying to force Gumball to brake up with me... tiring him up and making his life a living hell..." I said, frustrated. They all listened carefully. "Well... I was so angry with all of that... that I just had to share it with someone... I was losing it... after all that's been going on..." I said, Marcy smiled. "So... I happened to run into Marcy, and she knew something was wrong..." I gestured at her. 

"Long story short... I advised the love birds to pretend an ugly break up to see what happens..." She said. Marceline, Gumball and I smiled at them. 

"WHAT? You were FAKING IT?" Fiona yelled, agape. We nodded. "I CANNOT believe this... I didn't even see that coming..." She said, frustrated. 

"Man... you really got me... I thought the group was over..." Flame said relieved. I laughed. 

"Dude... I can't live without Gumball, anymore..." I said looking at Gumball's perfect amethyst eyes. He blushed and looked down smiling. 

"Eww... stop with the lovey-dovey thing..." Bonnie said. "Seriously... you guys are no joke..." Bonnie said looking at Marcy, a little mad at her. 

"Well... since all is well, how about we order a pizza and eat? I'm hungry." Flame said, and we all enjoyed his idea. 

"Now we're talking..." Fiona said, already looking up places to order. We laughed.

*couple of weeks later*

Nothing... still nothing... the silence was worse than the threats and pranks... the person had just vanished, and I was on the verge of madness. 

The sneaking around with Gumball was fun, but not being able to be close to him all the time was driving me crazy. 

And besides all that, there was the fact that my dear mother gave me an ultimatum to break up with Gumball untill Graduation... which Gumball still doesn't know about, btw... I was on the edge... not to mention we had to keep waiting for something... anything... to happen... and is really maddening.

.

.

.