Chapter 8: Safety comes first

Two weeks later
It's been two weeks and we're safe at the army base. They put house all in a house of our own. Now that we are here we can relax and put our guards down for the time being.

Hey Jenny, I'm going to be heading out to see what sergeant joe wants. He's been trying to get ahold of me all morning. He want to talk about something. Okay babe, me, Evan and lea will be here waiting for your return. Okay babe, love you bye. Bye babe. As I walk down the street looking at all of the happy smiling faces. Hey how's it going ? A guy ask donnie as he walk past him. I'm doing great!! Donnie replied back. And you? Donnie ask him. Im great thanks for asking he replied back As he continue to walk past him. Donnie continue to walk down the block until he meet up with sergeant joe. Hey Donnie! How are you? I'm great and you? I'm great, you're just the man I was looking for. Really Donnie replied back with a shock look on his face. Yea really, didn't you get my messages. Yea I did Donnie replied back. Okay.. good now I need you to do something for me..... okay, now Follow me.

Meanwhile with lea, tiff And Jenny.
So the kids are in the living room playing a board game, tiff said as she walk into the kitchen and seat down. Okay, does anyone else think this is to good to be true? Or is it just me? Lea ask. Right like how long are we going to stay here and how long is help going to take, Jenny replied back. I was thinking the same thing like.... we been here for a few weeks now and still no one has come yet. Is there anyone coming? or Are they just lying to us? I have a lot of questions. Just yesterday I ask one of the Guards a question and he got so rude and cocky with me. Like he was hiding something. Right! I wasn't going to say anything but a few days again, I show a few guys moving something, they look really suspicious. Jenny replied back. I think there's something going on Here and I'm going to found out what it is if it's the last thing I do.

meanwhile Back with donnie and sergeant joe
Where are we going if you don't may be asking? Sure thing Donnie. You're going to help us talk this guy out of his house. He locked himself in his room for a few days and he won't come out. We can't have him freakomg out and going crazy and killing a lot of people. I can't have that on my hands. So can you help me? Yea of course I can. Okay good. As they pull up to his house and open the door Ava walk into the house. His wife looked really worried about him. His name is rich and he's a really loving person and father, he's wife said to me . Ok I'll see what I can do ma'am no need to worry just yet. As Donnie walk up to the door and knock on it. Hey rich, can I come in? Sure he replied back. Okay I'm coming in alone now. As donnie open the door and saw him on his bed holding a gun. As Donnie slowly close the door behide him and walk up to the bed and seat next to him. Hey rich, remember me, we talk a few times before. Yea I remember. Yea, so can you tell me what's happening? What's going on man? Donnie ask him as he still was holding a gun to he's head. I don't think I can do this anymore. Do what anymore? This! Living like this, being in a world like this. Not knowing what's going to happen next. It's killing me. I just want it to all stop. I'm sorry you feel like that but I know what you're saying. I feel the same way. I just wanna keep my family safe and it's hard sometimes. We lost people trying to stay alive. But if you kill yourself, who's going to take care of your wife and kids? Who's going to take care of them? You can! You can do it!! Please take care of them for me, I'm useless. They would be better off with you watching out for them. I see how you look after your people. Rich please don't do..... please leave now!!! And tell my family I love them. Please rich!! Leave now!! Okay... okay I'm leaving.

As donnie slowly leaves the room and close the door behide him and shakes his head. So is he coming out? No he's not, I tired talking to him but he's already to far gone. There's nothing I could do. I'm sorry, I tried. Thanks for trying Donnie, rich wife said to him as she looked more worried. Okay you heard him now it's our turn. I want two guys to go around to his window and two in front of the door and on my count, break down the window and door. Places people. I wish it didn't have to come to this. Sergeant joe said to Rich's wife. Me either she replied back. Ok guys on my count... in 3....2... and before he gettin to one, rich pull the trigger and he was dead instantly. He's wife drop to the floor crying and they Rush into his room to help him. But it was to late. A lot us happening so fast, I didn't know what to do besides to stand there....

A few hours later....
How did it go handsome? What did joe want you for? Jenny ask him as she get into bed. It was nothing sweetie. He just needed my help with something. Is everything ok with you? You been acting different seen you came home. No I'm great honey. Let's go to bed. Okay, love you. I love you too, night
As you know nothing is alright and soon a whole lot more was going to get worse.