"Uh. No, no. Uh, I just-"

Stoick continued on as if he had not been interrupted: "It wouldn't be a bad idea if he didn't persist on telling it to me four times a day. I mean, how could he be so unaware and pigheaded? Anyway, I finally told the old pain in my buttocks to go ahead and start searching. He's taken a number of reconnaissance trips as of late. Then, he went on his most recent expedition. And he hasn't returned."

"Relax, chief," Snotlout said. "He's a Jorgenson. He can take care of himself."

"It's been a month, son."

Snotlout's face turned white. "A month? You didn't say it was a month. That's my dad out there!"

Eira cast him a sympathetic look. "I'm sure he's fine."

"Okay, Dad, do you have any idea where Spitelout might have gone?" Hiccup asked.

"No, he was too secretive," Stoick said. "I did find this. Can you help me decipher it?" He handed his son a piece of parchment.

"Now, clearly it's some sort of coded map."

Snotlout grabbed the map from Hiccup. "I've seen this before. But it's not code. It's just my dad's bad handwriting and terrible grammar. Why would you dangle a participle like that? And the penmanship." He shook his head in disgust.

"Just tell me where to look and-" Stoick started.

"I'm going with you. I can't stay here if my dad's in trouble. What kind of son would I be? Besides, I can rub it in his face for once. What a muttonhead." He sighed and shook his head.

"I'll go with you," Eira said. When he looked at her in surprise, she smiled. "We're partners, right?"

Snotlout smiled back at her. "Right. Thanks, Eira."

***

The Vikings successfully located the island Spitelout scouted. However, upon arriving, they found a completed storehouse. While searching for Spitelout, the young Vikings and their dragons were caught in a trap. Before Stoick could free them, a Singetail attacked out of nowhere.

Eira could only watch helplessly as Stoick attempted to fight the dragon. Then Spitelout arrived and assisted Stoick in driving it off. With the small break, the others were cut free from the trap... and Stoick and Spitelout immediately started arguing. Eira thought they sounded very familiar, but she was still clueless on how to break them up.

Spitelout explained his reasoning for building the storehouse without orders. And he claimed the Singetail arrived after him and started setting fires everywhere. After more arguing, they all agreed to fight off the Singetail together since Spitelout refused to leave his storehouse.

The dragon proved to be a formidable opponent. Nothing they did seemed to work. And what made matters worse was that Spitelout and Stoick made a horrible team. Snotlout reluctantly sided with his dad each time, leaving Hiccup and Eira to play peacemakers. And then Stoick had it.

"I've had enough of this dragon and this place," the chief growled. "We leave at first light. Contrary to other thinking, our lives are not worth an empty building."

"Go, then," Spitelout said. He crossed his arms and stayed put while Stoick stalked away. "The three of you. We are staying."

Snotlout looked up at him anxiously. "What? Dad?"

"Jorgensons don't go where they're not trusted or wanted. We'll stay here, protect what's ours."

"Fine, if that's the way you want it," Stoick said.