Chapter 18

"Macy lets go! If we leave any later we are going to hit traffic" Tyler yelled up the stairs. I threw the rest of my things in my bag and ran down the stairs. "What were you doing up there?" Tyler laughed. We walked out to the car and I threw my bag in the trunk and got in the passenger seat.

"I was finishing packing" I shrugged as Tyler pulled out of the driveway.

"I thought you finished last night?" he asked glancing over at me and raising an eyebrow.

"If you must know exactly what I was doing. I started my period so I had to take care of that, and then I had to find pads and tampons and put them in my bag" I said crossing my arms. "Happy? Now you know exactly what I was doing"

"I didn't mean for you to get upset" Tyler sighed. I sighed as well and rested my head back on the headrest and rolled my head to the side to look at Tyler. I reached my hand over and placed it on his thigh and gently rubbed my thumb back and forth.

"Sorry, it's just you know how easily I get upset when it's that time of the month" I said and he nodded.

"I know, I hate that you have to go through that though, does it suck? Like you bleed for a whole week how do you not like die of blood loss?" he asked and I laughed. He soon joined in "I'm curious!" he laughed.

"It does suck ,very much, especially cramps, and I'm not sure how we don't die of blood loss" I laughed. I reached into the back and grabbed one of Tyler's sweatshirts he keeps back there and threw it on.

"Cold?" he asked.

"Obviously" I laughed "Why else would I get a sweatshirt?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Good point" he nodded.

"How long is the drive?" I asked.

"Four to five hours, depends on traffic, but we left early so hopefully there won't be traffic so it should be about four hours" he explained, reaching over and grabbing my hand. I groaned ad he laughed. "Don't be a baby" he joked. I narrowed my eyes at him and jokingly slapped his arm.

"Jerk" I mumbled, leaning my seat back.

"You're going to fall asleep on me?" he asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe I mean I'm tired it's only six, so maybe. I don't want I be cranky when I meet your family, and it's already bad I'm on my period so I'll be cranky either way" I explained and he nodded.

"Okay, I'll let you sleep since you don't feel well" he said.

"I was going to sleep no matter what you said" I laughed and he smiled. He turned on the radio as I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

------

I woke up to Tyler pressing a kiss to my cheek. "Macy" he said.

"What?" I groaned folding my arms across my stomach.

"We're at a rest stop, I need to go to the bathroom and I don't want to leave you in here sleeping alone" Tyler said as I opened my eyes. I nodded and grabbed a tampon from my bag and got out out the car. I stuck it in the pocket of Tyler's sweatshirt as I stretched my arms and legs.

I walked in front of the car and met Tyler there. I grabbed onto his hand and pressed my cheek onto his arm near his shoulder. He smiled down at me and pressed a kiss to the top of my head as we walked. I walked into the woman's bathroom as he walked into the men's. Of course there was a line for the woman's but I didn't mind. When it was my turn, I walked into the stall and took care of business and then walked out of the bathroom after washing my hands.

"Do you want a snack?" Tyler asked pointing over to the vending machine. I looked at all the different foods and decided on a chocolate bar. I pulled out a dollar and fed it to the machine, pressing the buttons and then watching the bar fall. I grabbed it and walked back to the car with Tyler. As soon as I buckled my seat belt, Tyler began driving again and I opened my chocolate bar.