Chapter 15

"So, don't get me wrong" Max started "I love kissing you, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now" he said.

"Good, because I'm not either" I smiled. "But that doesn't mean we have to stop this" I said leaning in closer and connecting our lips again.

"It does normally mean that we have to stop" Max said pulling away slightly before reconnecting our lips. "But I don't want to" he mumbled against my lips. I smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer.

"Then we don't have to" I said biting his lip and pulling back. "We're only here for like two weeks so lets do something out of the ordinary" I said.

"Like acting like a couple when we're not?" he laughed and I nodded.

"It could be fun, we'll see what it would be like to date each other" I said and Max nodded.

"Stop being adorable guys" Katie said breaking us out of our own little conversation. I laughed and turned slightly so I could see everyone.

"What should we do?" I asked as Max grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"You know what we should do?" Katie asked excitedly. "Let's play hide and seek. Yeah I know it's a kids game, but it could be fun since we're at the lake and it's dark" she shrugged and most people agreed. We all decided that since its dark and there's a lot of land around here, that we should work in partners, I of course am with Max. Travis and some girl he's partners with are counting first, while everyone else is running around trying to find a hiding spot.

Max and I ran into the woods and found a small creek with large rocks scattered around it. We found the biggest one and decided to hide there, since it was either there or behind a tree. There wasn't many places to hide, so we sat on the ground.

"I can't believe we're playing hide and seek" Max chuckled as I rested my head on his shoulder. "I haven't played this since I was like ten"

"Me neither, but I don't care" he smiled and I pulled my phone out that was ringing once again from Dylan. He has called me about five times in ten minutes. I sighed and quietly answered.

"Dylan now isn't the time, we're playing hide and seek" I whispered.

"I don't care. Tyler found out where you are and he's on his way" Dylan spoke quickly.

"What? When did he leave? Why is he coming here?" I asked sitting up straight not bothering to keep my voice down.

"He left this morning so he should be there soon. He told me he was going to get you back" Dylan sighed.

"Well I'm not at grandmas, I'm at a party" I explained.

'Well he will probably be there when you get back, I just wanted to warn you" Dylan said and I sighed.

"Thanks" I said quickly hanging up when I heard Travis talking. I put my phone in my pocket and looked at Max who was looking at me concerned.

"Found you" Travis said leaning in front of the rock.

"I hate this game" I said getting up and crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're just saying that because you lost" Travis taunted and I stuck my tongue out at him. Max and I walked back towards the fire while Travis and whatever the girls name is, looked for everyone else.

"What did Dylan want?" Max asked and I sighed.

"Tyler found out where I was and he's here to get me back" I said biting my lip.

"Well are you going to take him back?" Max asked.

"Not that easily" I said furrowing my eyebrows.