Chapter 9

"Hey mom" I said and I heard her sniffle and then a small sob come from her lips. "Mom what happened?" I asked sitting up on the edge of my seat.

"It's Dylan" she sobbed again and I looked up at Tyler as he tried to hear what my mom was saying.

"What happened?" I asked again but more forcefully the time. It took a few minutes for her to take a deep breath and answer my question.

"He's...." she started and I sighed getting frustrated at why she wouldn't tell me.

"Spit it out!" I said.

"He's in the hospital" she finally said, and by all her crying its not just because he's sick, something bad had to happen. Even though I'm mad at him, he's still my brother and I love him, tears started to form in my eyes, since I was thinking of the worst.

"Why?" I choked out as Tyler pulled me into a hug.

"He was in a bad car accident" she sobbed "He's not waking up and he has cuts and bruises all over" she said and I dropped the phone and grabbed onto Tyler's shirt and cried. He picked it up to see what was happening.

"Okay.... We'll be right there.... See you soon" Tyler said before hanging up. He grabbed my hand and my keys and headed to the car. I got in and buckled myself in and then rested my elbows on my knees and putting my head in my hands. Tyler rested his hand on my back as he drove towards the hospital.

"He's going to be okay Macy" Tyler said reassuringly. I shook my head and sniffles as I sat up straight and grabbed his hand.

"This is all my fault" I said quietly and Tyler scoffed.

"How could this possibly be your fault? It's not anyone's fault, this could have happened no matter what." Tyler said "Please, don't blame yourself when you don't need to" he said and I looked over him as he glanced over at me.

Getting to the hospital, I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and ran in the hospital, not even waiting for Tyler. I ran up to the front desk, tears still streaming down my face.

"Dylan O'Brien? I'm his sister I need to see him" I said and she looked up, probably his name in the computer. Tyler joined me in time for her to say "Room 313".

Tyler grabbed my hand and we took the elevator to the third floor. When we got to his room my parents were sitting on the chairs outside his room, not talking. They stood up and hugged me when they saw me, Tyler shook my dads hand and hugged my mom.

"Can I see him?" I asked and my mom nodded.

"Only one person is allowed in at a time" she said and I nodded and looked up at Tyler, who was looking at me with concern.

"I'll be fine" I said and he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips.

"I'll be right here" he said quietly and I nodded and walked into the room. As soon as I saw Dylan on the bed I started crying more. I moved a chair and sat it next to his bed and grabbed his hand.

"I know we're not on the best terms right now" I started and wiped under my nose "And I don't know if you can hear me or not, but please Dylan just wake up. I love you no matter what, and I'm sorry for the things I've said. If you wake up, or hopefully when, I want to forget the fighting we've done, because I don't think I could live with myself if I ever lost you when we're fighting like this." I said "Please wake up soon" I said and stood up to kiss Dylan's cheek.

I walked out of the room and hugged Tyler. He looked behind me into the room and then back down to me.

"You can go in if you want" I said and he nodded. I stepped to the side and rested my back against the outside of the door frame. Tyler sat down and sighed.