Dangerous Battle

The jet soared through the air and Ivory stared out one of the windows, wishing that she was flying outside the jet instead of inside.

"You alright," pressed Tony as he bounded forward, blinking his eyes to adjust to the sudden bright light.

Ivory forced a nod. "I'll be better in a little I'm sure. Just thinking about the ceremony."

"You mean with Kestrelflight and Runningnose," inquired Tony as he sat beside Ivory and stared out the window.

"Is Kestrel hears you call him that he'll probably bite off your ear," confessed Ivory with a sigh. "That's my fault by the way."

"You were doing what you thought was best," pointed out Tony as he licked her cheek. "It's not your fault it was taken the wrong way. Ripplebreeze and Gorsewind love their names! It's Kestrel's own fault that he abandoned Runningnose and didn't tell him sooner."

Ivory smiled timidly. "Maybe but I certainly didn't help the matter."

Tony shrugged. "Maybe not but I do think you did an amazing job with the names. I love them," he breathed affectionately. "However I wonder, what would you have named yourself?"

Ivory was surprised that he asked that question but she was excited to answer. "I wanted to name myself Ivorycurrent."

"Ivorycurrent," echoed Tony in confusion. "Why Ivorycurrent?"

Ivory shuffled her paws. "My mother's name was Current. I wanted to be named after her. How about you?"

Tony thought for a heartbeat and shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe Tonyclaw. That sounds pretty good."

"I like Tonyheart," barked Ivory as she brushed her muzzle against Tony's cheek. "It reminds me of how pure your heart is, even if you don't know it's pure."

Tony shook his head. "Only you can see that Ivory because that's what you want to see. I'll never deserve a she-wolf like you."

Ivory rolled her eyes before intertwining her tail with his. "That is not true. I deserve you and you deserve me," assured Ivory as she lapped at his ears. "Don't talk yourself down about it."

Tony shrugged. "I'll try not to be I'm just so glad I'm your mate. I love you."

"I love you too," breathed Ivory as she pushed her head against his and he did the same.

They stood there for a while before Ivory heard a bark from Ripplebreeze. "You may want to strap in love birds. Things are about to get interesting!"

Ivory heard Tony groan and she licked his nose before padding into the main belly of the ship. She saw Moria sitting toward the front and realized she didn't even see her board. Before she could say anything she pulled herself into a seat beside Runningnose who wouldn't look in her direction. It wasn't her she was avoiding, it was Kestrel.

Before Ivory could try and break the uncomfortable silence the jet suddenly veered, flipping over in the air. Ivory felt her stomach lurch and her eyes flickered a bit. Tony stretched out a paw and rested it on Ivory's paw to calm her. However when Ivory looked over to Tony he looked as uncomfortable as Ivory.

Hank roared as the ship kept spinning and Ivory heard Asphalt howl from the front seat with Hank. Ivory closed her eyes as the ship finally stopped churning and so did her stomach.

"What the heck," asked Tony as his eyes narrowed. "Why the serpentine?"

"Missiles," answered Hank as he looked over his shoulder to Tony.

"Great," added Shysun as she looked at the ground, concentrating on not throwing up.

When the ship finally stopped turning the wolves relaxed and so did the humans. "How are we going to find Shaw and Mallow," asked Ripplebreeze as he looked to Gorsewind.