Feelings Confessed

Tony's eyes blinked open and he saw a large creature with large fangs. It surged at him but he couldn't move. His paws were rooted to the ground and he couldn't move. He knew that the creature was a bear and it was going to kill him.

However it wasn't him that he was worried about. His head swiveled around but he couldn't find the one he actually cared about, Ivory.

"Ivory," he called madly but he couldn't move. "Ivory where are you?"

He suddenly caught sight of her beautiful pelt and saw her standing a few paces from him, looking around madly. The bear caught sight of her and plunged toward her, sinking it's teeth into Ivory's throat. Ivory wailed in agony and her whole body grew lose as the bear released her and she fell with blood oozing from her throat.

"No," wailed Tony but he still couldn't move.

The bear then turned to him and surged toward him, slicing a claw against Tony's chest. Blood oozed out and he was flung against a tree. He looked up and saw the bear right above him, it's paw raised for the killing move.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony bolted upright, his eyes widening in shock. He looked around and realized he was in a den. He looked around and panted madly as he saw Ivory laying beside him. He sighed heavily and relaxed, trying to take in steady breaths.

Ivory suddenly stirred and opened her eyes. "You're awake," exclaimed Ivory as she looked at Tony with excitement. "How are you feeling?"

Tony blinked his eyes to adjust to the lack of light in the den. He groaned as he moved and realized that his chest was covered in leaves, herbs, and cobwebs. "I've been better," he rasped weakly.

Tony tried to rise to his paws but Ivory pushed him gently back down. "Save your strength," she chided gently. "You'll need all of your strength to make the trip back."

"What did I miss," asked Tony as he looked at Ripple and Gorse, faintly remembering them saving them from the bear. He then looked to Runningpaw who was curled up in on himself with his tail wrapped over his nose.

"Nothing much," replied Ivory but it was strained. "Runningpaw saved your life. You'll probably owe him for that."

Tony gave a small nod. "He's the one that fixed my chest?"

Ivory gave a smile and licked him between the ears. "Yep! He did a much better job than I would have." She noticed that he was shaking madly and concern showed on her face. "Are you alright? Did you have a nightmare?"

Tony looked away briskly but he saw the hurt in Ivory's eyes. He looked back and licked his chomps a bit. "It was nothing," he assured as he slumped down and rested his head harshly on his paws and sighed heavily. "Just a stupid nightmare."

Ivory shrugged and rested her head on her paws. "Well if ever want to talk about it, I'm here," she yawned as her jaws stretched and her eyes closed a bit.

Suddenly Tony tensed a bit and lifted his head. "You were there." Ivory pricked her ears in interest. "You were killed by the bear."

Ivory frowned and looked over to Tony. "But I'm fine," she pointed out gently. "We're both going to be just fine."

Tony shook his head. "What if something would have happened to you? What would I have told Charles? What would I have done?!"

Ivory was a bit taken back by his tone. "You would have hopefully grieved but then you'd be fine. It wouldn't have been your fault."

Tony squeezed his eyes shut and fresh pain wafted from him. He rested his head back on his paws. "I would have grieved more than you would ever have understood."

Ivory's eyes filled a bit in surprise. "As friends, right?"

A growl rolled in Tony's throat. "Do you want to know the bet I made with Kestrel?"

Ivory flicked her tail. "That's a bit random but alright I suppose. Sure, what was the bet that you made with Kestrel?"

Tony looked at his dried bloody paws. "He dared me to tell you how I felt."

"Felt," echoed Ivory as surprise as her eyes widened. "How do you feel about me?"

Tony smiled broadly. "I can't even explain how I feel about you," he confessed as he pressed a bit closer to Ivory. "I just want to know more about you."

Ivory blushed a bit. "Tony I'm flattered but how can this even work? We have separative lives and we just came together."

Tony stretched out a paw and rested it atop Ivory's paw. Heat flooded through Ivory and she struggled not to pull away. "I know but we can at least try, please?"

Ivory smiled a bit and touched her nose to Tony's ear. "Alright. I'll try if you try."

Tony nodded slowly. "That's all I ask."

Ivory blinked her eyes before she rested her head on her paws. "Will you be well enough in the morning to make it back to base?"

Tony was touched at her concern but he didn't want to show any weakness. "I'll be alright, just might not be the fastest wolf alive."

Ivory snorted in amusement. "Don't worry. We're not keeping time."

"Then I will make it." Tony shuffled a bit closer to Ivory, just to feel her fur against his. At first she was a bit uncomfortable at being that close but she began to enjoy it. She relaxed a bit against him and allowed him to rest her tail over her own. She closed her eyes and drifted off next to the one wolf who she felt safe with.