Accidents Weight Heavy

"Nice one Runningpaw! The whole point of it is to land on your paws, not your face!"

Runningpaw landed on the ground harshly on his underbelly. He looked up with narrowed eyes before sniffing and rising to his paws shakily. "Shut up Shypaw," snapped Runningpaw as he lashed his tail at her. He was a fantastic healer but not a great fighter.

Shypaw just snickered. "I'm just giving you some pointers that could save you life." She continued laughing and began almost choking.

"Stop laughing," snapped Runningpaw as he lashed his tail.

Shypaw tried to swallow her laughter. "I'm sorry Runningpaw. You're just not a fighter and it's funny to watch!"

"Not for me," grumbled Runningpaw as he sniffed before giving his pelt a shake to dislodge some dirt from it.

"Alright that's enough," chided Ivory as she stepped between them to break up the hostility. "We're supposed to be working on our battle moves, not our insults to one another."

"Sorry," they both apologized as they hung their heads in shame.

Ivory gave a keen nod. "That's alright. Now Ripple and Gorse it's your turn."

The two brothers waded into what the wolves called 'the training circle'. All it was was stones circling part of the soft grass. However it was enough fro them.

"Powers or without powers," asked Ripple as he lowered down into a crouch with his haunches wiggling a bit as he did so.

"Without powers first," cut in Tony as he padded beside his mate. "Then with powers. You may not always be able to rely on them."

Ivory nodded her agreement before she stepped backwards and allowed the two to face each other. "Now have your claws sheathed. We want no bloodshed. Also the winner is the one that forces the other to forfeit or when Tony or I see fit to call a winner, understood?"

Ripple and Gorse nodded in agreement along with Moonsong, Asphalt, Runningpaw, Shypaw, and Kestrel from the sidelines.

Tony let let out the howl. "Being!"

Ripple made the first move. He surged forward and stretched out a paw and was about to knock Gorse's legs out from under him but Gorse was ready. He reared on his hind legs before he leaped into the air and brought his full weight on Ripple's shoulder. Ripple howled in shock and Gorse sunk his teeth into Ripple's scruff and hauled him backwards.

Ripple snarled before he ripped himself out of his brother's grasp and grabbed his hind leg. Gorse turned but Ripple was already twisting and turning. Gorse fell on his flank and the breath was knocked out of him. Ripple then pushed himself on Gorse's chest. Gorse tried to push himself to his feet but he couldn't. Eventually Gorse gave in and closed his eyes.

"Ripple won that round," announced Tony as Ripple stepped off of his brother and Gorse rose to his paws, shaking each one in turn as if they were numb.

"Good job," breathed Gorse as he dipped his head to Ripple.

"You too," agreed Ripple as the two bounded forward and took their places behind the stones.

"Who's next," asked Runningpaw as he looked around.

Before Ivory could answer she heard footsteps behind her. "Mind if we watch?"

She turned and saw Charles and Erik. She blinked at them and nodded. "Alright just sit here behind the rocks." She patted a place beside herself so that both men could sit down. They obeyed and Ivory looked around.

"Asphalt and Kestrel," she finally decided on.

"Really," grumbled Kestrel as he forced himself into the ring. "That's just not fair. Even smaller and scrawnier he can beat me."