Chapter Twenty-One

Börja om från början

"It's uhm a report on uh something related to work.", she said and clumsily put it in her drawer.

"A report in a book? Aren't they usually in files or something?", Raven asked folding her arms.

"Yeah but this one is different so uh... never mind it. It's not important.", she said and Raven humphed before entering the toilet.

What are you doing Lisa, she's your friend. She's Sarah's friend she has a right to know.

Lisa's thoughts were interrupted by her phone's ringtone and some moments after, Raven came out.

"Who's calling? You should answer.", she said and sat on Lisa's bed. Lisa checked it. It was Pablo, was he calling to tell her something he had discovered? Or was he calling about their kiss?

She answered anyway.

"Hey Pablo what's up?", she asked, her voice sounding different which Raven noticed.

"Miles has been arrested."

"What? What for?", she asked.

"Ana's murder.", he said and Lisa's hands went to her mouth to stop her from screaming but the scream didn't come out.

Raven stood up looking worried.

"Uhm... where..."

"Just come to the station if you can."

"Oh okay.", she said and looked at Raven in shock.

"What's wrong?", Raven asked.

"Miles had been arrested for Ana's murder.", Lisa said and Raven gasped.

》》》》》

Miles was furious, he was beyond angry. He was just waking up and getting ready to go to the construction site. He was already pissed that he had to work overtime this weekend and that emotion increased when he heard the police siren blaring in the distance stop at his doorstep.

He got out and before he could ask Robin what was going on, Robin grabbed him forcefully and turned him around before handcuffing him.

As he forced him into the car, Robin said he was being arrested for the murder of Ana and read him his rights.

He had a flurry of emotions. Anger, shock, concern. He couldn't believe Ana was dead. He just saw her yesterday. He even had a small talk with her at her house before he left her. Alive.

He started asking Robin questions but he didn't get any answer and instead Robin told him whatever he said would be used against him in the court of law. But Miles didn't care as he kept complaining.

They reached the station and Robin roughed him to his cell and locked him up. He didn't even allow Miles to have a phone call.

Miles looked up when he heard his cell opening and it was Robin.

"Are you here to release me because you've realised how big your mistake is.", Miles said but Robin have a humourless chuckle.

"No.", he said and cuffed Miles again before he started taking him out. As they were going he saw Pablo.

"Hey, Pablo get me outta here. This guy is crazy I didn't...",

"Don't worry bro I'll get you out.", Pablo yelled back as Miles was taken out of his sight.

Robin led Miles to a room where there was a table and two chairs on opposite sides. There was a wide mirror on one side of the wall and Robin made him sit to face that side.