Chapter 10

I awoke to scuffling of feet on the floor. Opening my eyes and sitting up I noticed Jason was pacing back and fourth. Getting up I walked over to him and stopped him from pacing. "Jason you haven't said anything since yesterday." I said placing a hand on his chest. "I'm sorry Sky, I just I'm worried I don't know how to run a pack. What if I let them down what if I..." I cut him off but putting my finger over his lips. "Jason I'm sure you'll do just fine. I don't know much about werewolves or packs or alphas but I do know you... Mostly. You will be fine." I don't know where this came form but I felt confident. Something I never thought I'd feel. "Thank you." He wrapped his arms around me and put his head on top of mine. "We leave in an hour. His pack his a long way from here and takes about three hours to get there. Be ready." He kissed my forehead and walked out. This mate pull seems to be stronger now that I know about it. Or maybe it's just me accepting my feelings for Jason. Maybe both I don't know. This is all weird to me.

Getting into the small shower in the bedroom I washed up then put on some dark blue jeans and a black it shirt then threw on Jason's sweatshirt. Brushing my hair with the brush that I brought and put my hair up into a ponytail then walked back out into the bedroom and saw Jason standing there.

"You ready?" He asked and I just nodded. He grabbed my hand and we walked down the stairs and said goodbye to his mom and sister. It feels good to be able to walk up and down stairs without being out of breath at the end. It's been a month, I've gained fifteen pounds and I actually look healthy. I have to go back for a checkup with the hospital in a few weeks, or after this is over, when Jason has the time. He has his training to do, this other pack thing to deal with. Well hopefully we can deal with it today in the meeting. I'm pretty sure the only reason he is bringing me is because he thinks this has something to do with me, where the Nathan guy almost took me form walmart.

~~~~

We finally arrived to Eric's pack. It was a small brick building in the woods. Why is everything always in the woods? Maybe it's because they transform into large wolves and can't be seen in the city. Oh yeah duh.

We walked into the building and two men escorted us to a small room with glass doors. They weren't normal glass doors, you could see shadows moving on the other side but couldn't see faces. Jason grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together before opening the door. I looked down at our hands and mine was much smaller than his, although it felt as if our hands were meant to fit together, as cliche as that sounds. Looking up at him, he was already looking down at me. Uh oh he caught me staring, and for once, I don't care. Smiling up at him he opened the door.

When we walked inside I never looked up until I sat in the chair next to Jason and what I saw made me freeze. My eyes open wide in shock, my heart stopped, and I felt all the blood drain from my face. My whole body stiffened and I couldn't look away.

"Hello again, sweetheart." His sinister smile made chills go through me. His crooked nose, and the scar over his left eye, made him look evil.

"J-Jason, I need to leave. I can't be here." I whispered to him and then got up dragging him with me. "Sky what's wrong?" He asked. "That, he, raped, and abused me, how did he get out of jail!" I stammered on crying. How did he get out of jail? This can't be happening. That what they want, me.

"Skylar are you sure that's him?" He asked grabbing my shoulders and looking into my eyes, genuinely concerned. I just nodded my head and wiped away the tears. "Okay, well let's finish the meeting. I promise nothing will happen to you. As long as I'm still alive, you will always be safe." He leaned down and kissed me. He actually kissed me, this is our first kiss. He always just kissed me on the forehead. But this, it was on the lips. Now I realized I was still just standing there with my eyes open. That's not how you kissed is it? Did I mention this was also my first kiss? Well it is.

"I'm sorry Skylar. I, I didn't mean to. I," I cut him off by crashing my lips to his. Thus ladies and gentleman, my second kiss. "Okay, come on. You can even sit on my lap if it makes you feel safer." I just nodded and went back into the small room where immediately Jason was ripped away from me and I was slammed against the wall by Eric. "You will not kiss another man. Do you realize what I had to go through to get out of jail and to find where you went!?" He sneered pressing me against the wall. Looking over his shoulder Jason was struggling against three men trying to get to me.

"You belong to me sweetheart." He grabbed me by my arm and pulled away form the wall showing me to Jason. "You knew she is what we wanted yet you brought her here? You are most definitely not your father. You are weak and pathetic. That is why you got cursed with this weak and pathetic human. But she," he stopped to look down at me. "She belongs to me. I had her first. Daniel, Marco, Adam, throw him in the prison." He ordered then drug me out into the hall after them but went the opposite direction. We walked up to the second floor and he threw me down on the bed. No no no not again!

"Jason!!" I screeched and was immediately slapped across the face.

"You will never say his name again. By tomorrow he will be dead, and you will be mine and only mine. I glad to have you back sweetheart. But my dear you've gotten fat. You will not be eating anymore. Not until you look decent." He lifted up my shirt and was inspecting every inch of my body. Pointing out every flaw he found. Tears were streaming down my face, I've broken my promise, again.

"Don't cry, you will look good again soon. Be happy your back with me." He smiled and kissed at my neck tugging at my clothes. The entire time I was mentally screaming for Jason, hoping that he would break free and save me. I doubt that would happen.

I tried fighting off his greedy hands and his wandering mouth but it wouldn't work. He was a grown man and I was the size of a child. The tears just kept coming and when it was over he left, locking the door behind him and taking my clothes with him. Curling up into the blankets I cried myself to sleep. Just when I thought everything was going to be okay, I was thrown back to him.