Chapter 1 *Edited*

My eyes were covered with cloth, hands tied behind my back, feet tied together, and my mouth covered with duct tape. I was thrown into the back of a van outside of New York City. That's the last thing I remember before being knocked out and waking up like this. Why I was kidnapped? Not sure. That's who. Tears were absorbing into the fabric over my eyes and my cries were muffled by tape.

I was picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder and then thrown onto a cold floor. The cloth was taken off my eyes but everything else stayed, the restraints on my hands and feet, plus the duct tape on my mouth.

Looking at my kidnapper I saw he was an older man. Not exactly the best looking but not ugly either. He was around 25 or so, very tall sort of muscular with short brown hair and green eyes. He had a mean look to him.

"Hello," he grinned. I tried to scream but nothing came out. "We are going to have a lot of fun." He came closer but hi tried scooting away. As I tried this he slapped me hard on the face. "Don't you ever try to get away from me." He sneered his face coming only centimeters away from mine. Then he kissed me. He forced me to kiss him back or I'd earn another slap, or two. He ripped off my shirt and pants leaving me in my bra and panties. His hand roamed around my body...

~~~~~four years later~~~~

I've forgotten how long I've been here and I've given up all hope of being rescued. There was no fight left in me. My entire body bruised and cut. Every time I misbehaved I earned a slap/punch, or he would cut me with a knife. Bruises lined my thighs and sides. Cuts lined my arms, I had a black eye and split lip. My hair was all tangled and everywhere. My clothes were ripped and I was left in nothing. He threw down a blanket and pillow for me after a couple days. He would give me food and water only once a week leaving me in a fragile body.

Laying there on the floor blue lights started to bright up the room threw the basement floor windows. I would have tried to escape through them but there not big enough to fit through. The sound of sirens filled my ears and I got up to look out the window there were squad cars everywhere. A pain shot through my left leg as I walked making me fall to my knees.

"Come out with your hands in the air, we've got the place surrounded there is no where to go." A police officer said into a megaphone for my kidnapper to hear. I pulled the blanket around me tighter as a cold chill went up my spine. I was getting out of here. Police officers would burst through the door and come down the stairs any minute. Seconds later three police officers came down the stairs shinning lights and guns. They saw me and rushed me outside to the ambulance.

At the hospital they took blood tests, did x-rays and asked me questions. I couldn't bring myself to speak after being abused overtime I did so. I either nodded or shook my head "no". I couldn't bring myself to do anything besides lay there as I was shoved into a cat scan, as needles were drove into my arms. There were no feelings left, I felt numb inside from years of being raped and abused. 

"Skylar Parks?" The doctor questioned looking at me. I squinted at her and glared until I realized it was my name, after not hearing it for so long I couldn't recognize it. I looked up at the doctor and nodded. "Well Skylar, we have found your parents." Her face looked sad as she told me, I knew something happened to them. "Your mother was diagnosed with cancer and lost that battle four months ago. Your father was shot for trespassing on someone's property, searching for you when you first went missing." Tears silently fell down my cheeks, making no noise as I sobbed. Covering my face with my hands my breathing became shaky. I finally get away from that wretched place only to be told I have no family left and nowhere to go.

"We found that you have no other family to live with an-" she was cut off by a guy walking into the room. He looked around 17 or 18. Tall, very tall, broad shoulders, blue eyes, black scruffy hair and toned features. He glanced at me for a moment and paused then continued to the doctor.

"Doctor my sister she is not breathing well." His voice was low and held and authority that I was all to use to. Memories of my kidnapper flashed through my head. The doctor looked back over at me. "I will be right back skylar, we will discuss what your conditions are and everything else." She stood up and walked out. But the guy stayed back and sat next to me. Why was he here?

"Hey." He said looking at me and I stared into his blue eyes as he walked a little closer. The sudden movement caused me to jump back against the bed, he instantly stopped moved and dropped his eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you." His voice was soft and sympathetic. I just nodded at his apology. "You don't speak do you?" He asked. I shook my head no and closed my eyes hoping he would just go away.

"Your sisters breathing is back to normal but I would like to keep her overnight for observation." The doctor said as she walked back into the room. The man in the room looked at her then me then back at her. 

"Can I speak to you in the hall please." He asked the doctor. They walked outside the door and I could barely her them talking. They stayed out there several minutes arguing about who knows what. She came back in and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Onto your conditions," She sat back down in her chair and glanced down at her paperwork, "You have a mild concussion, a fractured left arm." When she said that I noticed my arm in a cast that I didn't notice before. "Also you have severe bruising on your thighs and around your breasts. Your lip is cut along with your eyebrow. You also have a black eye. Nothing to major besides the broken arm and concussion. We are going to keep you here for a couple weeks. Until then just make yourself at home and press the call button anytime you need something." She smiled and walked out. I'm also going to be in the hospital for a couple weeks. I grabbed a tv remote off my little stand on wheels and put on Law & Order.

A few hours later a nurse came in and gave me some food and put pills on my table for the pain. Grabbing the white cup I took the pills and ate. There was to much for me to eat. Being practically starved to death made my stomach shrink. A lot. Looking out my hospital window I noticed the trees swaying back in forth in the wind. The sun was just barely setting over the back of the trees making the sky and orange-pink color. It reminded me when my mother use to take me on top of a mountain to watch the sun set. Tears flooded my eyes and I wiped them away. 

Okay everyone so bare with me here while I'm editing! Some things are  going to change but I promise it is for the better. Its going to be confusing until I get all the chapters edited, nothing too major is changing just some order of events and how they are going to play out! Thank you for reading! Also if anyone would like to make a new cover that would be awesome, just message me!