thirty-one

Jimin's P. O. V 💛

"Shi-where is her room?" I whispered to myself as I ran down the corridors.

67....67... Where the fu-

"Jimin!"

I turned around and almost got knocked down by Maddie. she was sobbing on my chest, her arms wrapped around me. Her and Jamie must be pretty close for her to act this way.

Too shocked to even react, I awkwardly tried to comfort her by patting her shoulder. She finally calmed down after a minute so I gently pushed her away to ask where Jamie's room is.

"I-I don't know either!" She exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused,"Weren't you with her on the way to the hospital?"

Maddie seemed surprised that I know.

"I-uh-she..." She stuttered, seemingly flustered.

Why would she be surprised though?

I ended up asking the nurses instead, which I should have done in the first place. Maddie followed me closely behind, quiet and sniffling to herself. When I finally found her room, I nervously took a breath and opened the door. To my surprise, I was met with her brother.

"Uhm..." His eyes darted from me to Maddie in confusion. "Who are you?" He raised one of his eyeberow at me.

I cleared my throat and composed myself, "I'm Park Jimin. Jamie's friend." I introduced myself, reaching my hand out for a handshake.

His brother frowned at me, "So, you're the dude?" He shook my hand.

"Uhm... yeah, I'm-I'm the dude." I smiled.

"I'm Jisoo, Jamie's older brother." His expression didn't change. He looks scarier than when I met him that night at the café.

He then turned to Maddie, "Uh... Can I talk to you? Maddie? I-" Maddie just went outside not even letting him finish, Jisoo followed her.

"Jimin?" I jumped in surprise not expecting her to be awake. I sat down the chair her brother has sat on and put my hands inside my coat's pockets.

I smiled, relieved that she's somehow okay. "You're awake?"

She laughed, "I have been for the last couple hours."

"Is that so?" I laughed with her.

"Yep, my brother's only going to scold me, saying I told you so." She sighed and sat up. "I'm not going to be confined here for a very long time so don't worry."

I frowned and took out my hand to hold hers. "Wh-what happened to you?" I nervously asked.

She smiled and intertwined our fingers staring at it. I smiled too, my heart fluttering.

"I have a heart condition called Atrial fibrillation." She started, I nodded for her to continue. "My heart beats really fast whenever I hear your voice or see you guys perform on stage. But unlike others, I have to monitor myself when it becomes too much. My heart already beats abnormally fast so, just to be safe and sure, I have to be very careful."

"What happens when you're not careful?" I nervously asked.

"In some cases it goes away on its own, but sometimes, things like this happen. Me, passing out or having a mild heart attack."

I sighed deeply, shaking my head and resting it on my extended arm. I can't help but tear up and feel heartbroken for her. It's just so unfair. She's the sweetest and goofiest person I've ever met. She's so beautiful and such a nice person yet she's one of the people who suffer this kind of condition. Can't we just let the bad people suffer and be punished? If only I can take her condition away.

I know that any heart condition is dangerous. As much as I want to ask her more. I'd rather not talk about it. At least not yet. Today, I'll only focus on making her happy and her heart healthy.