⤀ six. crickets

crickets..

That's all Rey heard as she stood in the middle with all the civilians of the rebellion surrounded around her. They were all looking at her as if she had something crazy.

Well, she had said something crazy to them.

Rey had just started trying to explain how the man who awoke from a three day coma was Ben Solo. Not the horrible, angr, blood-thirsty man they had once knew before.

Rey looked beside her and saw that man standing right beside her. His head stooped low, she could tell he was ashamed on himself. Ashamed of the man he once was. 

How could these people not see his remorse? Not see his innocence? Not see he was new? Not see his parents in him?

Rey raised her hand and placed it on his shoulder and he looked over at her; his eyes looking about as sad as she's ever seen eyes get. Rey offered him a small smile.

"Come on guys" Rey sighed and turned to the crowd. "You guys have to see the Light. We have seen it in others. We saw it in Anakin Skywalker before his passing. What makes you think Ben couldn't change. Ben has his parents blood him them. Leia Organa and Han Solo. Did you guys forget that or something?" The last part coming off a little more harsher than she would've liked. 

Rey heard whispers among the crowd. She could see some hopeful faces in the crowd but a lot of them had hateful look on it. 

Rey heard a voice out from the crowd say, "that man killed my son". and Rey saw Ben's shoulders fall more. 

"I'm disappointed in you" Rey turned and scanned the crowd,  her eyes briefly met Finn's who did not look too happy. "Just give Ben a chance to prove his innocence. Please.  You owe Leia Organa just that".

After  saying that the crowd nodded a little and heard another voice shout out, "Fine. But if he kills innocent people in our village in our sleep it will be your fault".

Rey nodded and with that the people slowly started to file out of the middle of the village and back to their tents. One stayed and she turned to meet him and it was. Finn standing there.

"Hello Finn" she spoke, Finn not looking too happy.

"How could you do this?" he started. "This man" Finn points at Ben. "Has killed thousands, killed Han Solo, and even tried killing you!"

Rey sighed and tried to grab Finn's hand to try to explain to him and Finn yanks his hand away. "Finn..."  

"No stop" Finn looked at her with tears in her eyes. "I just don't understand why you'd do this and bring him back and be all lovey with him. I. didn't think you were that desperate, weak, and stupid".

Rey's stomach sinks and she takes a slight step back staring at him and she sees Ben's fist tighten and she looked over at him and nodded telling him it was okay. Then she took a step forward Finn, raised her hand, and brought it down slapping his face.

A gasp came out of his mouth as his hand came up to hold his cheek. 

Rey looked at him with tear filled eyes. "How dare you. I saved your ass. We saved your ass" Rey points back to Ben. "I have done everything in my effortless to train and better myself in the Force. And that Force brought Ben and I to each other. Brought me to believe and see the real him." Rey took a step back and turned away, grabbing onto Ben's arm and pulling him away and said under her breath. but loudly enough for Finn to her it. "You're the pathetic one, Finn"

---------------------------------------

Question: If you could build your own lightsaber, what color would it be?

Hi guys,

hope you enjoyed that

I swear the action will start happening within the next chapter I have been just establishing the background information :)

Thank you for 2k reads!