jack didn't care much that eben suffering with the cupid game, but what abigail was trying to tell him was that she had had a hard time too. although he didn't get that part.

the brown-eyed boy shrugged without knowing how to answer the question.

"well, i think i'm going to get out of the water. i've already got a little tired and i'm getting cold." eben commented moving away from them.

and at that time both eben and abby had jonah's letter in mind. tormenting them.

dear jonah,

how could you dare to lie to me. you cheated and i hate when someone cheats.

but we have to admit that you have succeeded. you have conquered zach, in your own way, but you have done it. so you just have to finish the game, congratulations you are the first who ended, now you have to break zach's heart.

do not let me down this time. kisses,

cupid

ΩΩΩ

daniel's dignity appreciated the fact that ashely had appeared to spare him this painful conversation, but his heart was dying to know what corbyn was going to say before ashley interrupted him.

was he going to break my heart again? the blue-eyed boy wondered, or was he going to say something else? daniel would never know.

ashley came in waiting for corbyn's explanation. "nothing is happening." corbyn replied being rude. ashley gave him a murderous look, for daniel it was very strange to see her upset.

"yes? so why did you drag my guest here? "

corbyn sighed, irritated. "i just wanted to give him back his earring. after all, he came for that reason." corbyn gave the waring to daniel and ashley's face went through a tide of emotions ranging from anger, to understanding and ending in sadness. oh, poor sweet besson girl.

the blonde girl looked at him. "that's why you came, you didn't come to my party."

"no, no, ashley, actually," daniel said when he saw her sad smile.

"okay, don't worry, it was really just to cheer corbyn up, but apparently he didn't like it." ashley murmured almost in a whisper.

daniel felt a little sad to see her like that. "ashley-"

"what's going on?" a strong, manly and quite serious voice surprised all three. jordan besson was standing at the door and his presence alone was enough to silence us all and leave them frozen, obedient as scolding children. unlike corbyn or ashley, jordan has somewhat dark brown eyes but his hair was almost the same as his siblings. the features of his face are as perfect and proportionate as the other two bessons. however, jordan had that air of maturity and power that could leave anyone stunned. daniel was not surprised by the elegant suit he was wearing, he had heard that jordan worked for his father's big company and there they all went with suits. he had a hand in his pants pocket, his tie was a little loose and his eyes tired, daniel believed that he had just arrived and was not expected to find a party in his house.