corbyn smiled mischievously but said nothing. daniel finished eating and took a sip of coffee, keeping his eyes anywhere but the blonde boy in front of him but he could feel corbyn's gaze on him. and that kept making him nervous, so daniel was aware of how he was dressed and every detail of himself that corbyn could see and disapprove, like his wet and rumpled hair.

daniel was so focused on finding out what corbyn thought about him that it took him some time to realize that yesterday was thursday and that implied that today was friday and he should be in class.

"shit." daniel murmured to see that it was twelve in the morning. "we should be in class, my parents are going to kill me. i don't understand why anna hasn't wake me up."

the blue-eyed boy put his hands on the table to push himself to get up but corbyn put a hand on top of his stopping him. "she tried."

"what?"

"we don't need to go, dani. your parents aren't going to get mad at you and anna has tried to get you up this morning but i've already talked to them. everything is fine, they know you should stay at home." corbyn explained.

daniel had remained with his mouth open. corbyn had talked to my parents? god i am more than dead. the blue-eyed boy knew that his mother hated corbyn after he beating up his son in front of the school two months ago.

he couldn't imagine his mother watching as corbyn left daniel's room in the morning to talk to them about how daniel liked to sleep beside him.

"what did you say to my parents?" daniel asked worriedly. corbyn was able to say any nasty thing and daniel would end up being punished and without dignity in his own home.

"don't worry about it, everything is already fixed," corbyn replied in a calmer tone when he saw the worry on the younger boy's face.

"i am worried." daniel was sincere.

"i am worried too." corbyn sighed. "what happened last night?"

the blue-eyed boy looked up and found the bright green of his eyes that disarmed him, and for some strange reason daniel felt he could tell him everything.

why do i trust him if he broke my heart?

daniel would never understand why. he ran a hand through his hair. "i left the library of the institute and decided to take the shortest path." corbyn gave him a disapproving look. "what? i was tired and i thought nothing would happen."

"you're a handsome boy, walking alone at night. the shortest and darkest roads are not something that you should consider."

"now i know." daniel ignored the handsome comment and took a break. "well, i went under the bridge and i found three men."

do you want something, pretty boy?

daniel clenched his hands on his lap. "they took my phone and one of them..."

you are very pretty, don't cry.

the words of that man chased him. corbyn put his hand on daniel's. "you are safe now."

"two of them left and left me with one. he dragged me into the darkness and told me not to shout and i did it and that's why he hit me. the boy who called you heard him and the man ran away."