"Why do people call him that then?"

"Because his Dad changed his name when he was like 3," I explained. "I dunno what his name actually is. We try to keep his old life away from this one,"

"Oh," Lucy looked over to Hunter who took in another draw of the ciggarrette. I had no idea where he got them, but he always had loads of them. I didn't tell Chris, because Hunter said that if I did, he'd steal my beanie. And I happened to like my beanie. "Does he have a girlfriend?"

"Here we go.."

"No," I laughed. "And don't get your hopes up or anything. Hunter's completely anti-social. He wont be in any of your classes, and he'll probably punch you in the face if you say one word to him."

"Why?"

"He's just..he doesn't like people,"

"Oh. Sucks," she pouted. "Wait, has he ever actually punched you in the face?!"

"No, but we've had fights before,"

"Do you think he's hot?"

"What?!"

Meh, he was good looking.

*

"I think Josh likes you," Cassie smirked as we sat in Maths. I fucking hated maths. I just didn't get it. Why did you need to know what x equals?

"Ha," I laughed. "He's not even known me for 6 hours,"

"Yeah but he thinks you're cute,"

"Really?"

"And you think he's cute too by the looks of it," she smiled and I gave her a weird look. "What? You blushed,"

"I did not,"

"And there it is again," she giggled. "Don't you think he's cute?"

I thought over Josh. He had brown hair, was tall and muscular, was nice to me. Yeah, I guess he was cute.

*

"How was school?"

"Shit," me and Hunter said in union. We looked at each other for a minute before carrying on walking towards the door. I think Chris was going to say something about us swearing, but 2 overruled one and we were inside before he said anything.

"Hey kids," Mom smiled as she walked out from the kitchen. "Can we talk to you in here for a second?"

"Sure," I murmured and Hunter followed me into the kitchen. I jumped up onto the counter, and Hunter leaned on the fridge next to me. There was pasta cooking next to me and pizza in the oven. Which was a little weird because pasta was my favorite food, and pizza was Hunter's.

"Your Mom and I were thinking about going out tonight," Chris explained. "It's my first day at work tomorrow and we wanted to have a little celebrationary drink. We were just wondering if you 2 would be ok staying here on your own?"

"Yeah," I murmured. "We'll be fine,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah Mom. And you didn't have to cook the pasta or pizza,"

"Oh.."

*

As usual, Hunter didn't eat his food. Even though it was pizza; and believe me, the guy loved pizza like it was better than sex. But no, he just chewed at the ends of it and left a plateful. But I was more than happy to help him finish it up.

"Sure you don't want this?"

"No,"

"You sure?"