"We all just hung out the other day."

"That doesn't count."

"Whatever." He huffs.

I take a moment to stare out the window, collecting what I'm going to say next.

"What are you keeping from me?" My tone is soft and innocent, not pushing at all as I turn my head.

"What?"

"Yesterday you were all nervous when you thought Sam told me something and now you don't want me to go to lunch with him. I'm not stupid."

He shakes his head, "I'm not hiding anything, Taylor." I can't read his face because he's not looking at me, "baby, I just wanna hang out with you today." His use of that damn word pushes my chest in and I want to drop everything and go home with him.

"Jack.." I'm not the type of person to let him win this type of fight. He doesn't want me home for the reason he's claiming he does, he wants me to stay away from Sam. He's never been like this, he knows Sam would never try anything with me, so why now?

He plants his palm on my thigh and I shut my mouth.

He doesn't say anything, he just runs his fingers up and down my skirt, no wear near close to.. there, but that doesn't stop my skin from burning.

I slowly look up to him, expecting to the smugness plastered along his face but it's only calm, like him touching me relaxes him.

*

When we walk into Jack's house. I debate wether or not to bring the topic back up, but I know there's no point to not. "I'm going to have lunch with Sam." I decide.

"Why Taylor." He wines

"It will only be for a little bit, I need food anyway."

"I can always make you something."

The thought of Jack cooking on an actual oven or an actual stove making actual food almost makes me laugh.

"If it was Mallory I was going to have lunch with would you be this annoyed?" I raise my eyebrows at him before turning to walk up the stairs.

He follows me, "no, because, one, Mallory's dating Johnson, and two, you're not a lesbian. But, considering Sam is single and a whore," he trails off

"Jack." I cut him off by laughing, "you don't really think that I would ever do anything with Sam?"

It amuses me more than it should thinking about Sam going steady with anyone really, he always has a different girl, but Jack should know that he wouldn't try to make me one of them.

He shrugs as we walk into my room, "he flirts with you."

"He teases me to get you annoyed, there's a difference."

He rolls his eyes as he sits on the edge of my bed.

Sam used to tease me before me and Jack were together but he only did it to bug me, now he does it to bug Jack. It bothers him but it's only a joke. Sam would never try and be with me in any way besides being friends, I know that for sure.

"I have to change." I inform him

"Okay?" He lays back

"Turn away." I say as I grab my change of clothes

"No."

"What?" How can he be telling me no?

He's seen me in lesser clothing obviously and in a much more vulnerable state, but don't all girls change alone?