26

The morning went by fast. Jack drove me to work and it was definitely one of the funniest things to see his sleepy eyes try to keep their focus on the road.

The transcripts were all good today and I can't help but hope they'll always be as good as that, I would feel guilty if I was the reason at crushing someone's shot.

It seems right when I step out of my office, my phone brightens up with Sammy's name on my screen.

"Yeah?" I answer him while I walk towards the door

"Hey, Taylor." His happy tone is evident through the speaker of the phone, causing me to smile

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Did you get lunch?"

I take the phone from my ear to look at the time, 2:00 pm. My stomach growls as I realize I haven't eaten since six am.

"No."

"Great. Then come with me to get some, Wendy's?" His suggestion doesn't surprise me. The three boys always go for the most unhealthy choice, I've grown use to it.

I laugh, "yeah I'm just getting out now," I spot Jack in the parking lot, sitting in his car.

"I can change and text you when to pick me up from Jacks?"

It takes him awhile to respond, "yeah, okay, Jack's."

"Okay." I say and the line goes dead.

I walk towards Jacks black car quickly. Even though the windows are tinted I can literally see his smug smile through them, he's laughing at me, I must look like a loser.

"Hey." He greets me

I set my ugly bag down on the car floor and strap the seat belt over my chest while I feel Jacks eyes studying my every move.

"Hi." I look over to him and his eyes move from my chest to my eyes.

"You're coming back to my house, right?" He makes sure as starts to pull out.

"Yeah, but Sam invited me to lunch." I tell him and reach for the radio.

"What? Why?" His change of tone startles me and I look at him.

"What?" My eyebrows furrow together

"Why are you going to lunch with him?"

I take a moment to take his words in, "because, he's my friend?"

He licks his lips and I watch as his face tenses as he stares at the road in front of us.

"Don't go."

"Why?"

"Because, I want," he tries his hardest to look for words, "I want to watch that movie you like. The one you asked me to look at."

My eyebrows knit together as I think, "The notebook?"

"Yeah, the notebook."

"You hate the notebook."

"I love the notebook."

I roll my eyes, "you're annoying." I mumble and he laughs.

"Just stay home,"

"It's not 'home' for me, you know."

For a unknown reason he tenses at my words, he couldn't possibly have the sensibility that his house could ever be my home.

"I know." His voice is calmer, "but I want you to be with me."

"I want to go to lunch with Sam. I haven't hung out with him."