Chapter 7

(Y/n) ran through the forest, her smile almost apparent in her deer form. Her hooves flew across the floor, stopping in front of the same spot where Gaston asked for her hand. The waterfall was beautiful, and the lake, as cloudy as it was from the waterfall, was calm and showed some fish swimming on the shore. She bent her head to drink some water, still finding it tiring the long walks she would take.

From far away she could hear a faint sound of a rifle being armed. Her head went up at the same time, fear spread rapidly through her body. She turned her body quickly and ran away. Listening close for the firing gun right after she got out of the aim of the hunter. She didn't like hunters in her forest, but she knew Gaston was one of the hunters that hunted inside it, so she decided to turn into a bird to make sure it was him.

When she overflew the forest, she saw her beloved, angry with LeFou about how he missed and how the deer ran if he hadn't made a single sound. (Y/n) was probably the first deer Gaston missed the shot.

The (h/c) flew home and took a long shower. She wondered how Gaston would react if he saw that the deer he shot was her. Would the man kill her anyway? Would he be disappointed and avoid her? Too many questions passed through her head. But in the end, she would try to convince him to stop hunting before he had the chance to kill her.

(Y/n) put on her everyday clothes and grabbed her shopping basket. Maybe she would find the brunette in the market, that way she could talk to him and spend time together. As soon as she arrived at the place, she realized that it was full of people, she also realized that they all seemed to whisper something about herself. Her cheeks turned red and she lowered her head in shame. She approached the baker and ordered some fresh bread. She didn't want to spend another minute in this crowd. She had thrown her goal of finding Gaston out of the window.

Suddenly, one hand grasped her arm and pulled back slightly, turning the girl's body against someone. (Y/n) stared at the man and realized it was Gaston, who didn't have the best face. The brunette stopped making the uncomfortable expression the moment he saw the red faced girl, giving a small sincere smile, his eyes softened at the same instant. Gaston pulled her away from prying eyes, but to a place that the (h/c) looked and found it as embarrassing as the streets, close to his home.

"We shouldn't be heading to your home! It is inappropriate!" (Y/n) said, trying to pull her arm away but can't seem to let go.

"It's alright, I just want to show you something." the brunette opened the door of his house.

The (h/c) walked in and waited for her eyes to get used to the low light of the place. When she saw the scene in front of him, her eyes filled with tears. A cheerful smile sprang on the girl's face. In the living room was a dining table, with its own light on top. They had already talked enough for Gaston to know that (Y/n) didn't eat meat, so there were a few different salads on the table.

She wiped her eyes and looked at Gaston. The brunette looked nervous, waiting for some word from the girl. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek, then immediately pulled the man to the table.

"I-I did that to show that I can be a good husband." The brunette said, sitting down and starting to serve himself.

"Gaston, we already talked about it and-" the (h/c) was interrupted.

"I just wanted to do something you can enjoy." Gaston sighed "Since you don't like to hunt or drink."

"I'm sorry! It was not my intention to make you sad. But you didn't need to do all this work because of me." she said the last sentence a little more low, but the brunette heard her.

"Of course I need to! If I want you to be by my side, I need to show that I can also take care of the house!" the man said, clapping his hand proudly on his chest.

"By the way, I'd like to ask you something." The (h/c) said, not knowing what would be the reaction of her 'lover' when asked "Could you-"

(Y/n) was interrupted by the front door opening and a sweaty and red Lefou leaning on the doorframe.

"Belle... She..." the shorter one tried to say.

"What happened to her?" the girl asked, worried.

"She... Had the... Baby..." the little one said, before sitting in the chair, exhausted from so much running.

The (h/c) ran out of the house, thinking of getting her things and running to the castle as soon as possible. She needed to make sure the baby and Belle's health was fine. A tug on her arm interrupted her.

"Where are you going?" Gaston asked.

"I need to see both of them." (Y/n) replied, wondering what she would need to treat the patients.

"I'll take you." the brunette offered.

"What?" The (h/c) got out of her train of thought.

"It will be faster on horseback!" Gaston smiled back at the girl.

(Y/n) smiled genuinely, proud of how she had changed Gaston. The man he once was seemed to be only a shadow of the past.