Chapter 5

The (h/c) was running nervously through the woods, the moment she had with Gaston seemed to have been too much for her heart. Branches hit her face and arms and tore at her dress. She paused briefly in a clearing to catch her breath and transform. Her ears went behind her head, her spine bending forward, and her limbs increasing in size. In the place of the shy girl was now a wolf, her eyes and fur the color of her hair when she was human. She ran again, this time in her animal form, feeling the cold wind of the forest hit her fur.

Suddenly, she felt the forest air change dramatically, she smelled a frightened animal, and followed the scent. No one hurt an animal in her forest! She ran fast until she found a doe paralyzed with fear as its thigh bled from the shot it had taken. Its tormentor was a hunter, happy to have taken down his dinner, but he did not wait for a wolf staring at his back, prepared to tear at his flesh just to protect the animal in front of the gun barrel.

(Y/n) bared her teeth and jumped on the man's back, knocking him down with her size and strength. The human, startled by the recent attack, dropped his weapon in the fall, knocking it away. The man was trying to struggle, desperate to break free of the mysterious animal's grip and fearing for his throat. But the only thing that he managed to pay attention in the midst of the commotion was a feminine voice, sweet but frighteningly murderous.

"Run. And if you hunt here again. I will kill you..." out of the corner of his eye the man could see the wolf's lips move, showing that it was the animal that spoke.

(Y/n) climbed off the human, growling and walking toward the man until he ran, leaving his weapon and things behind.

When she felt that he had come out of the forest, she remembered the doe. She jumped to the animal, startling it, but it soon calmed down when it felt the milder weather. The (h/c) changed her appearance again, turning to human in a few seconds. She put her hand on the doe's wound, saying that all would be well. Gradually the bullet came out of the hole and it closed slowly, leaving no trace of what had happened. The doe then rose and bounced back into the forest, as if nothing had happened.

The (h/c) sat on the floor, tired of the moment that had happened. She waited a few minutes and began to walk back to her house. It was pretty late, maybe Gaston was already hungry for dinner.

When she arrived she noticed that the room seemed shifted and the brunette was not present. She knew right away where the man would be. She put on her hooded cloak and began to walk into the tavern that night. Getting close, she could hear the music the villagers had written for him, his ego couldn't be bigger, could it? She snuck into the room, disliking noisy places, but she had to get Gaston out before his stitches opened again.

The tavern buzzed with singing as the hunter returned. The (h/c)'s sisters spared no effort to try to get the man's attention. Her skirts and hair bobbed, but nothing seemed to seduce him more than a fixed point in the room.

Gaston smiled, but paid no attention to anything at all. He could only think of (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes, her rosy lips smiling at him, her (h/c) hair shining in the sun...

His thoughts were cut off when he saw the owner of these attributes waving at him, looking nervous, her red face showing anger and shame. A smile grew on his lips, he rose from his chair - astonishing everyone - and went straight to meet her. He took the girl by the hand and brought her to his seat, sat with his legs spread and put the girl sitting in one of them. (Y/n) blushed till her ears, holding her hands in her lap, without any courage to get out of this situation.

The music went on, it seemed like people weren't really interested in what was happening to them, but her sisters were fuming with envy, it should be them there, not their shy, boring sister.

As the (h/c) lowered her head with each passing verse of the song Gaston grinned at anyone who wanted to see.

"So, Gaston, she's your new suitor?" one of the village men asked, drawing the attention of the entire tavern.

"Yes!"

"No!"

They both spoke at once, leaving them paralyzed looking at each other. The (h/c) looked scared at Gaston, her eyes wide and her face frozen in shock. (Y/n) didn't expect the brunette's answer. Her world seemed to be filled with joy, but her heart ached, she knew Gaston was just joking with her.

The man stopped smiling a little and had an idea. He leaned his face forward quickly, catching the (h/c) by surprise and kissed her mouth. For a few seconds their mouths stuck together, but when the girl felt the boy's tongue wet her lips, she sprang up from his lap and ran out of the tavern. Thick tears streamed down her cheeks as the people screamed with joy. The brunette followed the girl outside, but when he opened the door, he did not know where she could have gone. LeFou came close to his friend, seeing that his welcome party was no longer pleasing him.

"Was that the girl again?" LeFou asked, leaning on the door of the place.

"She ran away." Gaston said slightly shocked "After Bela, I didn't think anyone else could reject me."

"If I may say so, sir, you scared her." Le Fou laughed, worsening the mood of the brunette.

"What?!" Gaston took him by the collar of his shirt, staring at him closely.

"She-she's shy, sir. N-not used to so much attention." the little one covered his face expecting a punch.

"It can only be this!" The man dropped the lowest, making him fall to the ground "I'll leave her alone for today. Tomorrow, I will try another approach!"

"That's how you say it, sir!" Le Fou said, watching Gaston get back on his horse and getting to his house.