• Chapter 6 •

Percy Jackson.

Was there any other word than perfect for him?

At least, from Nico's point of view. 

What was it that made Percy so flawless?

Was it his looks? Nico wasn't sure. The way his Stygian black hair billowed in the wind did twist his heart into knots, and how his sea green eyes sparkled in the sunlight did intrigue Nico more than anything could ever make him.

What about his moral portrait? Despite being slightly oblivious, Percy sure is open-minded. He's incredibly loyal— to his friends or his family— and brave. Nico believed with all his soul that nobody looked at him the way Percy did— with such ease yet reluctance. With interest yet kindness.

Laying back down onto his bed sheets, Nico di Angelo shuffled with them. The blankets, the pillows, the thoughts. Soft rain sprinkled through the window, and the muffled sounds lulled him patiently.

It was Friday evening. School had ended at lunchtime due to the heavy storm a few hours ago. The rain lightened quickly, much to everyone's pleasure. Yet due to the still miserable weather, Percy had cancelled their plans for today and cast one last longing look to Nico before retracing his steps back home. 

Nico sighed and propped his head onto the pillows. From dusk till dawn, he had been thinking. Fantasising. Daydreaming. 

And he still couldn't get those swirling sea green eyes out of his head.

Percy had been inviting him to more hangouts as the days passed. Despite how busy Nico was at home, he always squeezed in some time for him. Always.

Every time Percy asked, he would say yes. How could I refuse anything to him?  And that was exact question Nico kept asking himself.

How much he would do or sacrifice for him seemed lovely at first, but now it scared him. How obsessed he became. How addicted.

Nico just couldn't get enough of him. But if he eclipsed himself from him, he knew it would drive both of them insane.

"Nico?"

A shrill, piercing sound was heard, snapping Nico back to reality. It was a feminine voice, he was sure of it. But he was still so hazy, he couldn't decipher who's voice it was.

"Nico!"

It was louder this time, and not a question. Kicking off the blankets that were covering him comfortingly, Nico jumped to his feet and ran down the flight of stairs that connected both of the floors together.

He scanned around the entrance, but nobody was in view. "There you are!" the girl exclaimed.

Spinning around, Nico found himself face to face with his sister.

Bianca's sleek dark hair swept onto her shoulders, covering her freckled face. The loose strands that happened to fall out of line in her disheveled hair resembled falcon feathers, and he had to push the thought away. But her startling black eyes captured his attention, and this happened every time.

She was wearing a beige sweater underneath a thick brown bomber jacket. Her top was tucked into a flowing black skirt that fell to her knees. Streaks of water wet her outfit, so Nico assumed she had just came home under the rain.

Finally, Nico had the decency to speak to her. Where were you? he signed anxiously, his eyes brimming with apprehension.

Bianca bit her bottom lip and averted her gaze. "I was hanging out with my girl friends... you know. Artemis, Zoë, Phoebe..." she replied, her voice barely over a whisper.