Chapter Nine.

"Yeah, miss you too," You sigh, staring out the window. The rain drizzled down, heavy and relentless. It was dark already, and the leaves were beginning to come back. Winter was coming to a halt, Kira was becoming more active, and boy, you couldn't wait for summer.

"I'll see you soon though, right?"

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll see each other soon."

"It's great to hear from you."

"You too, Nate."

"I have to go, Mikeel is waiting."

"Okay, be good! Tell him I said hi."

"Of course... Goodbye, [Y/N]- and be safe."

"Bye Nate, you too."

Hanging up the phone, you pout and hand it to Lawliet, "I miss those guys..."

"I'm sure Near and Mello miss you too." He smiles, putting the phone away.

A faint sigh escapes your lips as you plop onto his sofa, wrapping up in blankets, "Yeah... I am awesome, afterall."

"Of course," Lawliet chuckles, sitting beside you. Cold, you snuggle into his chest as he puts Finding Nemo on the television. Gently, his arm slings around you as he puts the remote down, before that one too holds you. The ravenette chuckles, repeating from the movie, "Touch the butt."

You giggle, "This movie is so good."

"Yeah."

The movie finished eventually, and when you looked up, Lawliet had fallen asleep. There was a tug of a faint smile, and he looked peaceful. Relaxed...

Safe.

That was rare with him, understandable with his job and all. The boy was always working, always on a case... Surely that would bring someone enemies, and with Lawliet's work scale, a lot. And dangerous... He used to always worry you would get involved, get in trouble. Always worried for your safety, your wellbeing...

Now that you thought about it, that's all he used to care about for a while.

You.

The way he would drop everything for you. The way he would show up on your doorstep with a hot water bottle, sweets and coke when you were on your... Time. The way he would show up with soup when you were sick, kiss you when you least expected it, held you when you were sad or worried, do the most romantic things... All of the little things you miss, all of the little things he did.

And yet, they were over... Yet something yelled not to let go. Something yelled to keep ahold of those memories, that they would return.

All you could do was hope.

Gently, you move the raven strands from his eyes as he slept soundly. He furrows his eyebrows slightly and holds you tighter.

He's so cute... Awake or asleep.

Beginning to feel sleepy, you rest your head on his chest and close your eyes. The sound of the clock ticking filled the room, along with Lawliet's rhythmic and slow breathing. It wasn't long until yours matched, and you curled in closer to him.

Boom, boom. Boom, boom.

His heart played through your ears like a hypnotic melody, pulling you deeper asleep.

And just before you fell into darkness, you realised that wasn't the only thing you were falling under. You were falling under his spell, falling for him all over again.

Falling for The Raven...

A/N: I felt like I needed something sweet, alright? Agh, I'm such a sucker for cute scenes... And that inserting the book's name into the story, very well done, me. *claps*

Anywho- I hope ya enjoyed! cx