Chapter 25

In Mathur Mansion,

Rakshit and Shikhar were preparing everything for their plan as everyone had left. But Rakshit was a bit overconfident that this would work! Shikhar was more than overconfident, he was too sure that this would work!
Finally, everything was set, Shikhar spilled some water on the floor so that Drishti would slip and ran upstairs to wait.
They didn't have to wait long as Drishti had come within half an hour, she was walking inside looking at her phone, which made their plan easier as she wouldn't see the water spilled and would slip. Everything went as planned, Drishti stepped on the water and slipped but before Rakshit could hold her someone else came in between and saved her! She got shocked seeing the person but she was happy to see him.
Shikhar also came down witnessing the whole incident, but they didn't know who he was and Shikhar started shouting.

Shikhar: thief, thief!

Shikhar was about to hit him with a stick when Drishti came in between.

Drishti: no, no, you're mistaken, this is not a thief.

The man started laughing seeing Rakshit and Shikhar's confused faces.

Rakshit: what is so funny in this?

The man: the funny thing is, would you hit any unknown person who comes to this house?

Rakshit (in mind): of course not but I have an urge to hit you as you spoiled our entire plan.

Drishti hugged the man, which made Rakshit angrier.

Drishti: when did you come back from Australia? You have been gone for nine months and you haven't called any of us when Mom sees you, she will kill you.

The person: I know, and that's why I brought her special gifts from my trip, I got back today morning.

Drishti: gifts?

The man: yes gifts.

Rakshit cleared his throat to get their attention.

Rakshit: care to introduce us.

Drishti: oh, yes, Rakshit sir, this is Aditya Khanna and Adi this is......

Aditya: Rakshit Shergill, I know, I've heard about him. But can we have the introduction later, I have a lot of things to ask you, first of all, where is everyone?

Drishti: they went for Nisha's sangeet and......

Aditya: you made an excuse so that you can't go, you'll never change!

Drishti hits him playfully and laughs but someone was getting highly irritated seeing their proximity, of course, Rakshit. He couldn't stand Drishti getting close to someone else.

Drishti: Mr. Know it all, would you go for her Sangeet?

Aditya: Hell, no, that girl is like glue, if she sees a guy she gets stuck with him, I feel pity for the guy who is marrying her.

Drishti: and you were lecturing me now!

Aditya: by the way, how did Gautam agree to go? He can't stand her for even one minute!

Drishti: Papa forced him, as I was not going it was important for him to be there.

Rakshit was literally clutching his fingers in anger as he was being ignored by Drishti and he felt if he was invisible as both of them were not paying attention to him or Shikhar.

Aditya: now enough of the talking in the house, I'm very hungry, let's go to our favorite restaurant and come back by the time when everyone comes back and give them a surprise.