1) Love, Rosie

"Lovie, Rosie" is a cute love story between two closeted girls and how they deal with coming out. They secretly email each other often with anonymous pen names. Based on Love, Simon. ~10.3k words.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Rosé POV

[November 12th 2014]

I'm in love.

I'm in love with some girl I've never met.

Her name is Leolily97.

She's funny. She emails me during classes with dad jokes and memes she finds on the internet. Even if they aren't that funny, I always find myself smiling like an idiot whenever she sends me something.

She's charming. It's hard to tell if someone is charismatic over a bunch of emails, but I'm positive Leolily97 is even more charming in person than she is in our emails. She has a way with words that details her unconditional confidence without her outright expressing her confidence.

I bet she's popular. She's always telling me how she's going to parties that she claims she doesn't want to be at. I lost count of them at this point. She's always attending social events at school and outside of school. I bet she's popular just from existing. Thanks God for more competition. I'm kidding, thank you Lord for making my soulmate.

She's intelligent. I think her mind is beautiful. Like a wonderland of art, love and happiness.

I 'met' Leolily97 five months ago. She posted something anonymously on the school gossip site called YG. It's really popular with the students. Basically all the students at school have an account and they all post about the latest rumors.

I never pay much attention to it. Until one day, my best friend, Jennie Kim, told me about the closet lesbian who just posted on YG net.

[August 21st 2014]

"Rosie! Have you seen the latest post on YG?!"

I roll over onto my tummy, keeping my phone up so Jennie could see me while we facetime.

"I don't use the app. Did something funny happen?" I ask curiously.

"A girl just confessed about being gay and everyone is going nuts about it! Half of the campus is applauding her while the other half says she's a coward for still hiding."

What? I immediately jump onto my laptop and type in the letters to the infamous website.

Jennie and I are both gay so this is kind of big to us. She's the only other person who knows I'm gay and I'm hers too. She's been my best friend since kindergarten.

[August 20th 2014]

@Leolily97@gmail.com

Dear world,

There's something I want to say, but I don't know how. I'm just a regular senior with normal high school girl problems. I go out with my friends after practice, I like a good party every now and then, and I think our mascot looks weird. Sorry Krunk. I have family who loves me to death, I volunteer at Saint Jude's every other weekend, and I'm struggling to figure out where to go after graduation. Anyway, as you can see, I'm just like you. But I have a big secret.

I'm gay.

Yours truly,

-Leolily97

"Holy Jisoos." I say.

"Do you think she's hot?"

I facepalm.