Baby

Castielhummed happily nuzzling his face against the Led Zeppelin shirt. Thiswas one of Dean's favorite sleep shirts, or at least was as the manmust have worn it for a good three days to nap in. Castiel hadrealized when he had been eating the pie that Dean had so lovinglymade for him what had happened.

Cravings.

Castiel was impregnated with a child. A nephlim. Thoughts of Jackslipped through his mind and he grieved even more for his son. Evenif Jack was not biologically his son he was his son in every way thatmattered. It had always warmed him to see Dean take on such apaternal role with their son-as Jack had confessed to him choosingCastiel as his father he also chose Dean. The brothers somehowrecognized this even if subconsciously as Sam never acted like Deanbut more like a doting, loving uncle.

Castiel's instincts came through and he couldn't face his mate. Fearthat he would push Dean away now and it would be the small thing thathad horrible consequences. Like the one pebble that allowed anavalanche go, which kind of confused him but he went with the saying.

He could only hope that Jack was at peace. But now he had a fledglingin his, newly acquired, womb to worry about. He couldn't be away fromDean though even if he wanted to hide away from him. So he tookhimself and hid himself in the attic of the bunker, using clothingthat smelled like his mate to keep him calm.

He did everything he could to make sure that his baby would be takencare of. He was going through hell in so many ways, he needed hismate with him. He wanted him to groom his wings, to hold him andthrough him to the baby-fledgling, to make him more pie. He wantedpumpkin pie...

But Dean wasn't sleeping so he couldn't even cuddle his mate.

It didn't matter as when he did finally fall sleeping from sheerexhaustion he screamed out as the nightmares descended upon him. Thenhe screamed out Castiel's name, screaming his beloved nickname.

His mate cried out for him and it made Castiel just want to run tohim. But the little grace and soul mixture that made an entirely newessence. That essence that he had to protect.

In the end the dyshporia between the warring emotions was put out ashe suddenly heard the sound of his name.

It wasn't the normal thing of 'Castiel' which had been so long sincehe had heard anyone who he didn't consider an enemy call him that, nohe heard 'Cas'. Ever since Dean had called him that, though it hadconfused him at the time, he hadn't figured out till later it was oneof the first showing of the affection the hunter was showing him.

But still this, it was different.

Cas!

So much emotion in that one little syllable. All that fear, hope,love, need all of it swirling around him as heady as the pie he hadbeen craving for so long. "Dean," he almost moaned and Deanclimbed around the pile of clothing-his clothing-and Castiel's stormyblue eyes closed at having him so close.

 "Cas, what happened to you man?!" Dean demanded pausing as he sawCastiel's stomach, already extended more then could be accounted for,even if he was still far away from the full gestation. "Cas? Whathappened?"

Cliffhanger!Enjoy the mpreg.