Pie

"Dean,could you make some pie?" Castiel asked and Dean looked up fromwhere he was pulling his shirt on. That was...odd. Castiel neverasked for a dessert, going with whatever he or Sam decided to havefor dessert.

"Uh yeah, sure Cas." Dean promised him, "I just made those redvelvet cake, but I can make the pie for us to."

"No. Not later. Now." Castiel said and he couldn't describe itbut he..he needed pie. Not just the fact he needed it to giveto Dean. Something that no matter where he went to, what store itwas, they never had pie. He had scared more then a handful of clerkswho rolled their eyes at his utterance of needing pie. But none ofthem could magic him a pie, and all left scared of the 'weirdo whoacted like his life depended on pie'.

Of course that had always been for Dean, he never even wished totaste it but the curiosity of what his lover valued so much in thepie. But even then he would have a piece more to be part of what Samand Dean were doing. He loved them both, even though the way he lovedthem was vastly different. He viewed Sam in much the same way heimagined Dean did, Sam was his brother. Dean, Dean was so much more.

But now he craved it, he needed it. It was a lot ofways like when Famine had affected them, he had gorged himself onburgers and honey. It was strange that Famine had not affected hislover, instead making the hunter feel no hunger. What thatsaid about him had always scared Castiel. Dean wanted to beempty. But it was the one thing that the angel would never allow him,he would remain close, remain his Dean.

He wanted the slightly buttery flaking pastry, the warm sweet middle.Blueberry, cherry, raspberry, peach, forest berry. Maybe insteadsomething cold, more a curd; like lemon meringue or key lime, maybeeven pumpkin.

"Cas...you okay man?" Dean asked clearly concerned and Castielraised an eyebrow doing his tie crooked once again and Dean didn'twas once again in the fight with himself. He didn't mind reaching outto straighten it anymore like he always wanted to do, but knew beforethey even reached lunch he'd reach out and shift it to mess it upagain. It didn't look like his angel without the messy bed head andcrooked tie.

"Yes. I am fine." Castiel promised and Dean nodded wondering ifmaybe it was just a sudden craving. It happened to everyone, maybeeven the comfort. That is what pie was to him anyway, every time hetasted it he tasted that little bit of home some part of him longedfor. A half forgotten memory.

"Okay Cas, whatever you want. What flavor do you want?" He askedand Castiel frowned. He wanted pie. Just pie. Any flavor justgive him pie. However since he had thought about all the pies inexistence, except for the savory as meat pie or salmon pie justdidn't sound good for breakfast. Plus he didn't care what meal it washe wanted something sweet.

But now he had to pick what kind of pie.

It made sense, he asked Dean for something he should at least havethe courtesy to tell him what kind. He knew if he didn't Dean wouldinstead refuse to make any pie until he told him what kind he wanted.He once went three days not making any kind of cupcakes because Sam,who had wanted cake but thought portion control might be best when itcomes to Dean, hadn't cared what kind until he finally caved and toldhim to make him freckled lemonade since he figured that would be hardto make to get back at Dean.

Castiel still didn't understand how a lemon-strawberry cake could befreckled anything.

Either way it had been good, but not what he wanted, and mentioningfreckles always put the angel in a good mood. But he had no interestin going three days without what he needed. "Apple. Make me applepie." Castiel ended up going with the one food that made him thinkof Dean more then any other. Once, when he newly walked the earthfrom heaven, he would never think to compare a person to a food butDean was apple pie.

He was deceptively simple, a old favorite, but one that was morecomplex and nuanced then most gave credit for. He could be a milliondifferent variations but all had that spark of his hunter in thosegreen eyes. And he had seen how Dean's shoulders relaxed when he gotthe first inhale of the baked good when opening the oven to retrieveit and the sweetly scented steam billowed into his face.

Whenever he saw apple pie he thought of Dean. It was what he wanted.Even with his hunter now being fully his, it was still what hecraved. And to eat something Dean made with his own hands.

"Okay buddy, I'll start on the apple pie. It'll take a couple hoursto finish though." Dean warned leading the angel out of theirshared room as he shouldered on his trench coat.

"I am prepared to wait." Castiel promised, if there was one thingthat had never changed it was his patience. Especially when it cameto his precious hunter, which was a good thing as he knew that thefreckled man needed a lot of patience and care. At least as much ashe gave freely to everyone and denied himself.

Two hours, forty nine minutes and thirty six seconds exactly laterCastiel was slowly savoring the first bite of the pie. The lastthirty one minutes and twenty three seconds had been the hardest asthe pie was done, looking so inviting and warm as its scent wrappedaround him and called him closer as it slowly filled the kitchen. ButDean had denied him claiming it to be too hot and he'd burn the roofof his mouth off.

But finally he had it, it was still warm and fresh but not theburning it would have been. He let out a wanton moan as he sucked thelast bit of syrupy sweetness, just soft enough apple and flaky crust.Dean's green eyes widened having never seen anyone actually reactlike that to food. It was loud enough to hear a startled cry.

"You two better not be doing anything, we eat in there!"

I hope you twoliked the ending with Sam being scarred. Poor Sam. But I loved thisand have to say as a bit of a baker myself, (even if I'm only a homebaker) you can taste the love we pour into our baked goods. So foodalways tastes better when you make it for someone you love.