Chapter 25

"I'm sorry for saying such rude things before," Xiao Zhan apologized as he fidles with his fingers and glances at Yibo from time to time. The said man was silent for a while and gave a short sigh afterwards, "No, I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry, I was sticking my nose where it doesn't belong."

Xiao Zhan smiled slightly,"I'm so indebt to you ah. But it's a good thing that you did, who knows what will happen to me."

"Be careful next time, and I'm not asking for any payment."

Silence filled the air between them once more and Xiao Zhan shifted from his seat and said, "I'm glad you listened to me."

"Of course, I can't stand someone in pain," Yibo said as he looked directly at the former president's eyes. "From now on, I really hope you don't burden yourself like this. I know it's very hard to tell it, but it's better to let it out than keeping it to yourself. You always have someone to talk to. Zhuocheng-ge and your other close friends. I'm pretty sure they're worrying a lot now. Even I..."

Xiao Zhan couldn't help but smile, "Thanks, Yibo. I didn't know you could say such words. Truly sweet ah," he teased slightly and the vice president's face frowned for a bit. "Zhan-ge, this is serious."

"I was just trying to lighten the mood. Besides, you're calling me Zhan-ge!" He gasped happily as he slammed both of his hands at the desk in surprise, others turned to look at their direction. "Then what should I call you, princess?"

The vice president's face brightens but Xiao Zhan brows immediately furrowed in a bit of annoyance. "I am a man!"

"Yes, I know," as Yibo drank his glass of water, he was also covering the smirk from on his face. "By the way, how's everyone?" Xiao Zhan whispered as he composed himself. His beautiful black orbs drifted outside the window pane, shining with the setting sun. "They're working hard and trying their best but they want their president back," Yibo slightly coughed and whispered, "our president." Xiao Zhan just smiled a little but didn't look at Yibo. "I failed everyone."

"You didn't and I'm not forcing you, it's your decision to go back but right now everything is a bit out of place. He Peng isn't managing things that well," he explained and continued, "Also, I think it's also a good thing for you to take a break. You've been through a lot."

"Aiya, what did I even do good?" Xiao Zhan rested his chin at his palm and sighed softly. "You're doing everything you can to help everybody. It's really a gift. Not everyone is like that."

Xiao Zhan was silent for a while but then spoke, "I have an idea."

Wang Yibo looks at him and anticipated for his next words. "How about you become the president? Overthrow He Peng's position."

After hearing his words, the vice president's eyes widen in surprise, "No, I can't faciliate everything. I'm just someone who follows the president's orders."

"Really?" Xiao Zhan smirked, "Do you listen to He Peng?"

"Of course not," he quickly answered and the former president gave a chuckle. "See? Take his spot!"

"I... Then what will you do if I become the president?"

"Become a regular student ah, besides, I'm about to graduate anyway," Xiao Zhan replied as he takes a bite from his muffin. "I see... Is that what you want?"

The former president looks at Yibo with the corner of his lips forming a genuine smile. "I've thought about it before, I want you to be the council president."

Wang Yibo doesn't know what to say and his heart was thumping crazily. Is this even normal? The younger can't believe that Xiao Zhan actually thought of giving him the position as a president. Yibo knows himself that he isn't sociable nor approachable. But why did Xiao Zhan decide that? It was a very huge responsibility.