Chapter 2

"We're off to the Kingdom of Stars... we're off to the Kingdom of Stars..! We're off, oh we're off, we're off to the Kingdom of Stars!!" Celestial shook her head. Could this get any more cheesy? 

Orbit had started singing because she was bored, and now they were all singing (off-key, might she add with a cringe) some silly traveling song. 

"Okay, okay," she hissed, whipping around and stopping them in their tracks. "If you're going to sing it, sing it right. Observe," she took a deep breath, and sang it haughtily. 

"We're off to the Kingdom of Stars... we're off to the Kingdom of Stars... we're off, oh, we're off, we're off to the Kingdom of Stars..." Her companions stared at her blankly. Tectonic was grinning like an idiot.  

"That was amazing," he said. "Truly beautiful! Sing it again!" 

"No," she said, turning back around. "I only sing it for idiots who don't know how. Now you know how." Tectonic began to sing off-key again, his voice trembling and shaking and wheezing. 

"Bird poop-for-brains!" she cursed under her breath. "By the moons, what is wrong with you?" 

"Everything," Tectonic replied, raising an eyebrow and looking even more like an idiot. 

"Apparently so," Twilight said. "He seems to have multiple mental diseases, including-" 

"Oh, shush," Pisces laughed. "He's joking around." she elbowed Twilight and mouthed not right now, you goofy ball of - 

"Sorry to interrupt, you goofy ball of scales," Celestial yawned. "But you just say not right now. Not that... other weird stuff." she crinkled up her nose. 

Pisces shook her head. "How many talents do you have?" 

"Super speed," she said. "You're a StarWing. How about your mystical powers?" 

Pisces shook her head. 

"None yet." She turned to Orbit, Streak and Twilight. "What about you guys?" The NightWings shook their heads. 

 "Nope," Orbit shrugged. 

"Hm... really should try harder, Celestial said. "Special powers come in handy." 

"Doesn't matter," Tectonic interjected, pointing ahead. "Look." 

Up ahead was Mount Oly - Pisces, Orbit, Streak and Twilight's old school. 

"Whoa..." Twilight breathed. "It's even more beautiful in twilight." 

Pisces stifled a laugh and Orbit rolled her eyes. 

"No pun intended?" Streak offered. Twilight nodded, embarrassment hidden in his eyes. 

"It's getting pretty dark now," Tectonic said. "We should hurry up to find somewhere to sleep. This mountain range goes on for ages." Celestial looked around. Indeed, the mountains stretched out, seemingly endlessly, to each horizon. 

"Well, c'mon then!" Pisces dove toward a smaller mountain. "Let's go to my house!" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Pisces's home, as it turned out, was, in fact, built into the base of a mountain. 

"Hope Peak," it was called, according to Twilight. 

"So," Pisces grinned. "Whaddaya think?" 

"Whaddaya isn't really a word, Pisce-" Twilight was cut off by a growl from Orbit.