My Perfect Mess

"So, how is this supposed to play out? You arrive at my doorstep and I act like I haven't met you before? I think I've made it clear that I wasn't a good actress." I said. Nev shook his head and ruffled my hair. I groan and push his hand away, swiping my hair back to it's original position.

"I thought you were marvellous." Max said, in a half sarcastic, half encouraging tone that made me more than confused.

"I think we can skip over that. I think now that all the jokes are done, we really have to get down to it." Nev said. The crew perked up and set up their equipment in my living room. I shrugged and sat down on my couch, crossing my legs, Nev and Max on the couch beside mine.

Max rests his elbow on his knee, his camcorder in hand, and Nev begins, "So, her name." My eyes widen.

"Right, nevermind. Age?" He says, asking me a more reasonable question.

"18."

"Tut, tut, Camila. That's illegal."

"Yes, tut, tut, indeed." Max says in tow, shaking his head. I simply roll my eyes, a small smile on my face. Then I cough and we return back to business.

"Okay, her Tumblr is ssweet-dispositionn, she enjoys singing and reading books. She travels around, never once staying in the same spot for more than a month. Homeschooled. Potty trained," I heard the crew snort, as well as Nev and Max, "well, it's not like I have much to tell, I hardly know that stuff. She usually focuses on the present-"

"But where she lives, who she is, what she looks like is part of the present, isn't it?" Nev asked wonderingly, as if he didn't already know the answer. I quickly grew exasperated and moaned, stuffing my face in a throw pillow.

I removed the pillow and said, "Stop, you're making me question my relationship! Anyways, she says she was born in Miami, but moved away a few weeks after she was born. She seems to like green eyes, since her photo on Tumblr is a single green eye. She's sort of grunge-ish, hipster-ish, but very fashionable. She's caring and considerate and friendly and eloquent and divergent and beautiful, and that's why I want you to help me. Because I know that the girl I love is all of these things, but I want to prove it to myself. And to others, but mostly myself."

"That's actually sweet, I didn't know you could be so nice." Max said mockingly. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You want to see if she's beautiful-"

"I know she's beautiful. The most important thing that I've learned from having an online relationship is that you're not falling for their looks. You're falling for the mannerisms, the ambiguous humor, the weird way they can say things, but sound beautiful as a whole. I guess the way they say things could be a metaphor for her. She's a jumbled mess, but, seen as a whole, she's perfect in my eyes. She's my perfect mess." I said, smiling down at the ground when I finished.

"That was so beautiful! Gosh, why can't there be more people like you on this show?!" someone from the crew said. Someone else yelled cut and as soon as the cameras were off, a group of random people were hugging me. I chuckle and pat someone's shoulder.

When they let go of me, I looked at my mom.

She looked proud.

░░░

"So, you guys don't talk about any racy-"

"NO!" I shout before Max can go on any further. He just shakes his head and continues scrolling through my asks. I must admit, it's uncomfortable knowing that he's digging through our private conversations, but it's for the sake of the show. Personally, I believe it's better when they add in the real words instead of overused Hallmark phrases that a two-year-old could recite.

"Ahh, but I see you've already joked about having kids." I chuckle and sit next to Max on my bed, watching him scroll through our conversation.

"It's statistic that anybody who's dated as long as we have, or love each other as much as we do, that they joke about kids."

"Really?"

"...No. But I think it's perfectly normal that we talk about that. We talk about everything."

"Like having your period." I blushed and nodded, trying my best to cool my cheeks so the cameras around my bed couldn't see my red cheeks.

"Don't worry, I tell Nev when I'm on my period, too."

"You do not! You just refuse to talk to me, unless you're demanding for chocolate and to watch The Breakfast Club." Nev says from beside Max. I chuckle, and try not to squeal my fangirl heart out.

"Gosh, you're so high maintenance!" Max says.

I look to a camera man and ask, "Are you getting this?"

He chuckles and says, "We get nothing but this. It's hard to have to cut out all of their moments, but we manage."

"Next time they have a moment, email it to me." He chuckles loudly and nods.

"Okay, so back to Tumblr Girl. If we can get her IP address, we'll have her location by tomorrow." Nev finally says to me. I nod, grabbing my laptop from Max's grab.

"Until then. We promise you'll be a step closer to finding her." He says. I thank them and hug them on their way out.

I sit down and look to my computer, seeing that Tumblr Girl's online.

Anything interesting going on? -SD

I chuckle and shake my head, replying with an:

Not much -WMU

_____________________

So, it's been 20 days since I've updated-

OHMIGOD, THAT'S ALMOST A MONTH!

Then again, I've been better on updating this one than any of my other stories. I'm sorry about that, it's just my head isn't in the right place and so much stuff is happening in my fandoms (FOUR came out, Night Changes is out tomorrow, voting, etc.) and I have to pull up my grades and.. God, I'm tired.

btw, FOUR IS AMAZING! I love all of the songs, I legit cannot choose a favorite because I'm too busy fangirling about it!

But thanks for reading this crap chapter I have no time to fix (: can't believe it's already reached 1k given the way I update and write xD

~ InTheseWalls xo

P.S.: I ship Nev and Max, is that weird?

P.P.S.: #CAMAUSTINTHO!
or should I say CAMAUTIN NO. No kidding, Camaustin can suck my ass.